Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

No more VW Beetle

14 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, coconuts said:

I have been thinking about what it would be like to have one of these lately. I've never driven or ridden in one. 

 

 

 

Why?

 

Even if they are no longer being produced, they will be around for a long time to come, just like the Trabi.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, robinson100 said:

 

Why?

 

Even if they are no longer being produced, they will be around for a long time to come, just like the Trabi.

I wasn't sure what your "why" was in reference to. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you even thinking about a beetle?

 

its not like they will just disolve into a pile of mnothing!

 

 

Is that you SL?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had one for a couple of months while living in Yucatan (Mexico).  While it is a cool car to drive for a while, it is not something I would own nowadays.   It is extremely clunky.  The pedals go the other way around, so it is pain in the butt to get used to it.   Those giant fenders are prone to accident because it is difficult to estimate the distances.   Visibility is pretty much crap.

 

Get an old Mini instead if you are interested in that type of vintage cars.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019, 5:00:51, SpiderPig said:

Why are you even thinking about a beetle?

 

its not like they will just disolve into a pile of mnothing!

 

 

Is that you SL?

My thinking was very superficial, I'll admit. I saw a white one around town and just thought it looked cute. I did not research gas mileage or anything remotely practical. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019, 2:16:01, Krieg said:

I had one for a couple of months while living in Yucatan (Mexico).  While it is a cool car to drive for a while, it is not something I would own nowadays.   It is extremely clunky.  The pedals go the other way around, so it is pain in the butt to get used to it.   Those giant fenders are prone to accident because it is difficult to estimate the distances.   Visibility is pretty much crap.

 

Get an old Mini instead if you are interested in that type of vintage cars.

So you're saying the gas pedal is on the left instead of the right? Think it's this way in all countries? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

 

 

christ, don't start with that again :)

 

The part that it is a bad car or the hipster part? :)

TBH, we actually need some bad cars on the market that hipsters can appropriate.

Example: assholes moving from BMW to Audi 10-15 years ago. There! Perfect! Now most assholes drive an overrated car, leaving good cars with better reputation!

 

And here is the order of the world:

  • Hipsters in Minis, Fiat 500 (unfortunately) and bicycles with no brakes
  • Assholes in Audis and Porsches
  • Lowlifes in heavily modified Seats and Peugeuts
  • Women in French cars, especially Peugeuts
  • Small women, men, or men with small dicks in SUVs
  • Old people in Volvos
  • Aggressive men in black cars (that´s why they pay more insurance, by color!)
  • Tasteless people in Asian cars (except Mazda!)
  • Engineers and mid life crisis men in Teslas
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you just have a funny hipster obsession.  

And even funnier, in the US at least, they are not really hipster cars (maybe they are now, no idea) but hippie-mobiles. I do tend to hate aftermaarket hippies so perhaps we have a common ground after all. 

 

browsing your list, I'd wager you're enjoying your midlife crisis? :P

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, coconuts said:

So you're saying the gas pedal is on the left instead of the right? Think it's this way in all countries? 

No he's talking about  "suspended pedals" vs. "floor-mounted pedals"...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0