Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tuesday, July 9: Public transportation strike in Munich!

6 posts in this topic

https://www.mvg.de/

Strike on Munich public transportation on Tuesday, July 9! Starts in the very early morning hours (about  4 o'clock), lasting until afternoon.

No subway at all, limited/irregular bus service, only two streetcar lines (19 and 20) will be running (and very crowded).

The MVG recommends not to travel at all, work from home etc.

BTW, the S-Bahn is not affected, as those are run by the Deutsche Bahn. But it's not much use to take the S-Bahn into town if you then are stuck at the station.

"U-Bahn, Tram und Bus werden am Dienstag, 9. Juli 2019 von Betriebsbeginn bis vsl. 14:30 Uhr bestreikt. Die U-Bahn fährt in den Morgenstunden zunächst nicht, bei der Tram sollen zumindest die Linien 19 und 20 bedient werden. Die Busse fahren unregelmäßig."

I had no problems this morning. I had to get to court for my divorce (finalized, yay!) and I was worried all night about how I was going to get into the city. I tried calling for a taxi this morning and I couldn’t get one. So I decided that I would take my chances with the bus and Sbahn. The bus was there in time and I got an Sbahn from there. I got there an hour early and I had given myself 2 hours to get there. Getting back before 14.30 was also no problem for me. I guess I got lucky. 

It looked like quite a few busses were running today!

(And dare I say congrats on a divorce? :ph34r:)

On 7/9/2019, 6:31:46, Metall said:

It looked like quite a few busses were running today!

(And dare I say congrats on a divorce? :ph34r:)

Yes, you can dare! I’m really happy about it actually. No more German paperwork for my divorce. The court was quite strange, though. It was a desk in the Gericht. It was like a meeting. I totally expected something else. I had an interpreter. Even though my German is good, I wanted to make sure I understood everything with the whole legal language. It was a bit distracting to hear her in English and then the lawyers and judge talking in German. But it’s done now! So yes, congrats is in order!