Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

startup - apartment search tool - where to find beta testers?

10 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I have, like many, spent a lot of time looking for an apartment in Munich (twice). Being a software developer, I have developed a tool that helped me spend much less time on searching.

It worked out very well, and I spent the last 9 Months into making an easy to use product out of it. The idea is that it looks for you in multiple websites and you get notifications only when relevant ads are published.

Since it is not 100% ready and would really like more opinions before we launch it, I tried contacting people on Ebay-Kleinanzeigen, asking if they would like to test. That didn't work very well.

I also wouldn't like to spam forums or portals with fake announcements.

Does anyone has a nice idea where to find people who would like to try it out for a week or two?

(of course, if you are interested, please write me a message)

While I can't really tell you where you can find people for it,  but I have currently some to test it. Being a software engineer myself I'm sure I can provide you decent feedback. 

This is not a bad place: Toytown. There are always people searching for an apartment.

But explain what are the features that make your tool a game changer? Because ot must be substantially better than existing options like immoscout.

And post a link asking people here to try it.

Or are the features you top secret you must have a 1 to 1 relationship with the testers?

Thanks, that makes perfect sense.

Nothing is secret, we just can't publish the website yet due to legal reasons and some manual setup is needed for one feature.

Main features:

• We search 5 different websites including immoscout (will be more), you only need to use one platform
  • We are fast - we check websites every few minutes and send messages immediately, other websites send an email few times daily
  • No need to check websites yourself every few minutes
  • We send notifications through IM apps, faster and easier than email
  • We only send fresh advertisements - no point in applying after 500 people have already sent an email
  • Simple registration, just email, no password, no private details

How to try:

• Send us an email at beta@flatnow.de or a message here.
  • Everything is in German now, but it is very basic and obvious
  • IM notifications need some manual setup on our side

What you get:

• Great apartment search tool for free
  • Our everlasting gratitude
  • Free usage for lifetime

At the end of the trial, we will delete all data (except your email, with your permission, so you can always use it for free after we launch)

On 7/7/2019, 6:41:28, RedMidge said:

"If it seems too good to be true";)

Does it?

It took about a half a year of development but it is definitely real

Well, we send to IM apps (Telegram, Messenger), support more cities, guarantee only new ads.

As far as infrastructure goes, ours is state of the art (can't judge theirs, but the website looks quite miserable)

Also our website, dashboard etc. is much easier to use.

And you can't change someone else's preferences (seems like you can just enter someone else's email and change their preferences)

The project started when I have done it for myself with hard-coded queries. Anyone that can code can do it, it's a few hours work.

As far as I am concerned we just do it better :)

Please send a PM or an email and try yourself...

Yeah their website is lackluster, so no arguments there. I’m not in the market for a new place, but I’ll check it out and give some feedback. 

I've found minga.house useful since they send you ebay ads, but they don't filter for obvious scams so I got spammed a lot. I would suggest adding a filter that checks sqm vs price, anything below 10€/sqm, for example, should immediately be ignored. Of course, some check if it's not a WG should be applied, and the sqm price can probably be adapted, but I hope you know what I mean.

Good luck!