Two different questions related to finance

4 posts in this topic

Hello community,

Apologies that I am starting a new topic. I tried to ask one of my questions in an old thread but I don't know how to "reactivate" the thread and I'm not sure if anyone is reading those threads.

I have two questions. The first is about Riester. My wife and I started paying into the Riester Rente from January this year. Is it possible to cancel Riester? I imagine we would only get back what we paid in and not the govt. contributions? Since we didn't yet do our taxes this year, we haven't made use of any tax rebates. Do we stand to lose any money because of any costs due to overhead (Abschlusskosten)?

My second question is about capital gains. I have an account with DEGIRO and have bought some shares of common company stock off and on over the last year or so. As I understand it, since DEGIRO is regulated in Europe, whatever tax I have to pay on gains I make from trading or divident payouts is deducted automatically from the broker. So far the tax verein was satisfied with the yearly statement that I could relatively easily print from the trader app. My question is, since I pay tax on capital gains, can I also offset my costs from my taxable income? For example, if I got a premium account from TradingView that costs me say 10€ a month, could I offset this? I am an employee.

Thanks very much for the replies!

20 hours ago, generalmartok said:

Apologies that I am starting a new topic. I tried to ask one of my questions in an old thread but I don't know how to "reactivate" the thread and I'm not sure if anyone is reading those threads.

I have two questions. The first is about Riester. My wife and I started paying into the Riester Rente from January this year. Is it possible to cancel Riester? I imagine we would only get back what we paid in and not the govt. contributions? Since we didn't yet do our taxes this year, we haven't made use of any tax rebates. Do we stand to lose any money because of any costs due to overhead (Abschlusskosten)?

Shouldn't whoever set you up with the RIESTER pension plans be the one to answer this for you? Or did you set it up yourself online/directly ?

Not sure about your decision to stop/cancel this, but anyway: if you signed up with a commission-based plan, then yes, you will lose around 30% of what you paid in yourself due to the costs for sales and administration.  and of course also the government subsidy.

Cheerio

I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. You're right, normally I would have directed my questions to this person. But this individual also fraudulently sold me private health insurance by answering the questions regarding preexisting health conditions herself with "no" being fully made aware of my preexisting conditions, thereby almost causing me to lose insurance coverage had I not, by chance have been comparing tariff plans myself, and run into another broker with an actual license and a IHK number. A lawyer is now involved and I don't wish to communicate directly with this individual and of course do not trust anything she might have to say.

I'll try to get more information regarding the exact terms I signed up for. Also, if the bank were to know they worked with a Vermittlerin without verifying her credentials, they might be more forthcoming about letting me out of it.

I just wanted to get a second opinion.

Cheers

On 7/3/2019, 11:42:37, generalmartok said:

My question is, since I pay tax on capital gains, can I also offset my costs from my taxable income? For example, if I got a premium account from TradingView that costs me say 10€ a month, could I offset this? I am an employee.

No, there's just a flat €800 yearly allowance per individual. You can't write off any expenses against interest, dividends or capital gains.