Got cheated by Indian Husband

33 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lisa13 said:

however her family very likely played a part in arranging the marriage to this jerk in the first place. 

I am just wondering how they see the consequences of their own actions playing out. If the daughter is responsible for providing for them then they are directly affected by the financial loss. 

If they did not arrange this marriage then I cannot see who would. Perhaps, this point is my lack of insight though. If this deadbeat husband was indeed foisted on the OP. 

1 hour ago, lisa13 said:

Truly awful situation to be in.  OP please go speak to a lawyer asap - really, you need profi help.

As far as I know pro familia is a non-GO offering counselling for pregnancy/abortion mainly but I've heard that they also offer counselling in family issues. So if the both of you were to go there to discuss your marriage you might be ok there. However per your description in your case I also strongly recommend seeing a lawyer. Divorces can be tricky when being in the same country but here in your case you are living in different countries. You need a professional that can handle a divorce from Germany under Indian law (divorce can be impacted by law of country you married in, law of the country of residence and may be impacted by the nationality). Anyway cross borders does make it no easier plus you need advice on maybe getting money back. Advice on cancelling the Visa and family insurance. Will cost you unless you do have an insurance but per my guess not avoidable.

I would immediately contact the paid university and see if you can get your money back!

" when ever we meet he used to torture me a lot and hurt me."

Collect all evidences and submit to German police immediately.

Would help you later on having documented proof of torture.

Any medical reports after torture, if available might also support your case.

If you have a genuine case please report to the German police and get it documented.

On 7/4/2019, 3:11:03, bazing said:

I hope you do not waste your time listening to your family asking for a reconciliation, in this case its good riddance!

Indeed. The family should be part of a good solution to the problem the have created not an additional burden.

The OP already has a deadbeat husbsnd to offload. She does not need a deadbeat family dragging her further down.

Relax and Stay strong! 

Check with the University if it is possible to get this payment back by writing a letter to the University coordinator. If they need to contact the person, let them do it. Or try to you explain it to them.

Do not fight with his family by any chance. It will only cause more problems. 

Take it one at a time. Solve it one by one...

Do not afraid to talk to lawyers in India. Good lawyers would help. But check for their ratings and reviews online.

Or, go through a trusted person!

When it comes to legal stuff in Indian courts - they will ask you to provide documentation from German authorities or German police.

There is a growing perception in some parts of Indian judiciary that there are false cases filed on both sides. Hence, good chronological documentation will help you to fight your case. It will make your case strong. 

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2018/12/05/dowry-trap-untold-story-male-victims  

Also, please register your facts with Indian consultate in Germany asap, if you can. At least you can consider doing so over email.

Since the 'crime' location is mostly in Germany, Indian courts have no jurisdiction over it. Your future action should depend on your goal - 1)do you also quietly want to take divorce? 2) Do you want to give him a run for the divorce?

Option 1 is simple as others have already said.

I think he wants to marry again, thats why he is in hurry to get divorce. For option 2, register criminal breach of trust with Police as well as in German courts. Send the notice over last known address in Germany as well as in India, e-mail addresses. Translate this notice and send a copy to Indian court requesting to grant a stay until the matter is resolved in German courts as crime location is in Germany. Give him enough opportunities to fight the case before any potential ex-parte judgment. 

The divorce proceedings in Indian courts will be stayed on hold easily for 4-5 years and will help in getting him to right terms. But again all depends on your goal!