Got cheated by Indian Husband

33 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I have been living in germany since 7 years. I am Indian. Recently got married in India, its an arranged marriage. After marriage he came here with family reunion visa. Before marriage he said he likes to study in germany, he applied and got addmisson in paid university. like 20000 euros fee for the whole masters. Before I did family reunion visa he said he is gonna pay the fee by himself. after coming here he said he have no money anymore. He bought some property etc.. I said apply for free universities. he forced me to give the money for the university fee. I transferred one semester fee 6300 euros(luckily to the university i have proof). and gave him 5000 euros for living expenses he moved to berlin in september to the university. he came here to munich on family reunion visa on July and left to university in September we stayed together like 4-5 weeks in munich.. he stayed in berlin with some friends (who he never made me to talk). I met him twice once in november and once for new year. when ever we meet he used to torture me a lot and hurt me.

In february he said he is going to some friend marriage and left germany. In second week of february he filed a divorce in india that I cheated him here in germany, that i am a bad person, that i am drug addict all false claims... I am the only child for my family and my family runs only with my job,

what steps I can do here in germany should i complain to police ?? I got some bills to my house on his name that he made international calls directly to all the people abroad and the bill is like 400 euros just for the phone calls. what can I say in the visa office ??  I have one more question can we deregister the marriage in germany ?? I am planning to take an annulment.. If I inform the visa office that I am applying for annulment in india do they change my status to single or it will go to divorced ?? 

Please help me out in this situation.. 

I think it could be difficult to get money back. You need to talk to a lawyer about that. Normally there aren't loans between husband and wife but what he did sounds more like fraud to me. 

Whatever you do, make sure you go to Ausländerbehörde and tell them to cancel his visa.

Another problem...how does it work with the lady´s health insurance? Get rid of the husband...and then?

25 minutes ago, john g. said:

Another problem...how does it work with the lady´s health insurance? Get rid of the husband...and then?

- seems to me that she has been here quite a while, has a job, etc, so that area should be covered, oder?

Take legal advice ASAP as regards divorce - I don't know the rules, but it seems to me that you spent very little time with this person, so might be able to get a quicker divorce than usual...

28 minutes ago, john g. said:

She's been in Germany 7 yrs so I'm sure she has insurance. If anything he might have to worry because he is probably on her insurance.

Just now, robinson100 said:

- seems to me that she has been here quite a while, has a job, etc, so that area should be covered, oder?

Take legal advice ASAP as regards divorce - I don't know the rules, but it seems to me that you spent very little time with this person, so might be able to get a quicker divorce than usual...

He applied for the divorce in false claims. I should fight the case or waith longer time to get the divorce / accept the case and get rid of him 

Dunno, Rob and Leon. Dunno. Maybe the lady can let us know?

2 minutes ago, LeonG said:

She's been in Germany 7 yrs so I'm sure she has insurance. If anything he might have to worry because he is probably on her insurance.

I dont think he will come back to germany can i change the insurance back to single person ? 

1 minute ago, Aniru said:

He applied for the divorce in false claims. I should fight the case or waith longer time to get the divorce / accept the case and get rid of him 

I don't know if it make a difference in India as to why somebody wants to get divorced, but here it doesn't really.

Whilst it is sad and nasty that he has accused you of these things, here it is just one more reason to celebrate being rid of him!

5 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

where to get a legal advice ??  which lawyer should i contact and how much does it cose 

How are yóu insured, Aniru?Through you or your husband? Are you an employee?

1 minute ago, john g. said:

How are yóu insured, Aniru?Through you or your husband? Are you an employee?

yes i am an employee since 4 years and i am insured with AOK

- there are some who advertise on TT, but I guess it depends upon where you live.

You can usually get a first meeting/advice session for a fixed fee and take things from there.

Check online for somebody near to you/your workplace and make an appointment tomorrow.

And your husband is insured through you? Is he not working?

1 minute ago, john g. said:

And your husband is insured through you? Is he not working?

yes he is insured through me no he was not working.. 

3 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

- there are some who advertise on TT, but I guess it depends upon where you live.

You can usually get a first meeting/advice session for a fixed fee and take things from there.

Check online for somebody near to you/your workplace and make an appointment tomorrow.

some of friend said that i should go to Pro Familia... do they help ?? 

Just now, Aniru said:

some of friend said that i should go to Pro Familia... do they help ?? 

dunno

You have to accept that this is going to be expensive, the money you gave your husband is long gone, and you will have to pour money money into the pile to get a cut clean.    You need to see a family lawyer, as a start.

12 hours ago, Aniru said:

I am Indian. Recently got married in India, its an arranged marriage. 

I am the only child for my family and my family runs only with my job,

What does your family offer as a solution?

I am curious about that too.

however her family very likely played a part in arranging the marriage to this jerk in the first place. 

Truly awful situation to be in.  OP please go speak to a lawyer asap - really, you need profi help.