Got attacked by two Croatians in Unterhaching

182 posts in this topic

On 7/11/2019, 5:56:03, fraufruit said:

Two out of my three husbands had to get circumcised later in life. Way before I was with them, mind you. Both reported horrific experiences.

I know two men who were circumcised as adults and it was purely for "cosmetic" reasons.  They reported it was unpleasant but I'm not sure why it's so easy to think it's not equally unpleasant for a baby, especially given the fact that it's pretty common to use no anesthesia whatsoever.  Babies can't talk about it, that is for sure, and that is also perhaps a big factor for why we think it's not a big deal. 

My mom had to assist doctors performing circumcisions during her uni days and she said it's true, the babies often didn't really cry too much when they are cut, but what she observed is that they seemed to be having a sort of shock response such that they *couldn't* cry. They were all wide eyed in surprise/shock and she described some of them as gasping. That's actually been shown to be true in various studies of infant pain response to circumcision - it's incredibly painful without general anesthesia.  One study was actually halted as they felt it was unethical to continue because the babies were in so much pain, yet common practice does not adequately anesthetize infants for the procedure itself, let alone the after effects.  AFAIK you can watch videos of babies being circumcised on youtube.  I have no desire to see such a thing, but some people I know who thought infant circumcision was harmless changed their minds after seeing such documentation.

On 7/11/2019, 2:06:16, optimista said:

for all those anti-circumcision people out there, if you ever come across a bloke with lichen sclerosus - here's a helpful and informative thread for the unitiated https://www.lichensclerosus.ch/en/home

or a severe phimosis, they will rue their parents for not having whipped off their foreskins when they were fresh from the womb. Nothing beats getting circumcised in adulthood.

We don't lob off baby girls' labia to "prevent" LS (as women get it too - do they ever!) nor do we perform tonsilectomies on healthy bodies "just in case" they have problems later.  I don't think risk of potential issues justifies routinely cutting off body parts.   As you say, it's severe phimosis that has not responded to less invasive treatments that may require surgery, and that's not common enough (IMO at least) to warrant routine circumcision.  Even the AMA doesn't offer any justification for *routine* circumcision.  And circumcision even fresh out of the womb carries risks, itself - nasty ones - including phimosis, ironically enough.

there are lots of health problems whose treatments "beat" getting circumcised in adulthood.  And there are plenty of men who are pissed at their parents for circumcising them.

the simple truth is that circumcision in the US is primarily a cultural thing, performed for no other reason that "it's just what you do" (and I suspect the hospitals enjoy the extra revenue from performing circumcisions, too). not much different than it is in judaic/muslim cultures but lacking the religious component. 

37 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

I know two men who were circumcised as adults and it was purely for "cosmetic" reasons.

That's a different matter. The two men I was talking about had serious complications before and after the circumcisions.

When I had my boys, 1st at 19, circumcision was just the done thing. I didn't even know that I could have opted out. After learning more it was just a huge regret. We don't get do-overs in such things as with much of parenting.

On 7/11/2019, 5:06:16, optimista said:

or a severe phimosis

My favorite gentleman friend said that when he was ten years old his father noticed he had a severe enough phimosis that the skin couldn't be slipped back at all.  He told his son he should just try moving the skin back and forth, and after a few months nature took its course and everything was fine.

I'm sure this procedure was made more pleasurable by the fact that it was pleasurable. :D 

55 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

The two men I was talking about had serious complications before and after the circumcisions.

I have to wonder if the complications after were at all related to the issues they had that led them to circumcision in the first place?  

13 hours ago, lisa13 said:

not equally unpleasant for a baby, especially given the fact that it's pretty common to use no anesthesia whatsoever.

In my view general anesthesia for an operation as elective as this one in a newborn is irresponsible as the risk for babies is higher than for older kids/adults. Anesthetic blocks don´t always work (as I had to witness as a med student intern). Doing it without anesthesia is barbaric. I think it should be banned unless there are medical reasons. The current German law is insufficient.

On 05/07/2019, 23:36:59, claudeyc said:

Like he said .. Hot off the press.

Prince Andrew groped young woman's breast at Epstein house, court files allege

• Prince accused of touching young woman’s breast
  • Allegation contained within files in Ghislaine Maxwell case

"

The document also contains a photo which, Guiffre’s attorneys say, shows Andrew “with his hand around Ms Giuffre’s bare waist while she was a minor child, while posing with [Maxwell], inside [Maxwell’s] house in London.”

The lawyers said in the papers: “This particular photograph corroborates Ms Giuffre’s claims, and there is no other reasonable explanation why an American child should be in the company of adults not her kin, in the London house owned by the girlfriend of a now convicted sex offender.”

"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/09/prince-andrew-court-documents-ghislaine-maxwell-jeffrey-epstein

^ and now someone is dead.

and yet.. yet.. some people ignore all of this.

ho hum.

Ah that world famous ever so hilarious and worldwide sought after teehee strikes again. Mad mad world.

On 10.8.2019, 02:04:29, claudeyc said:

Like he said .. Hot off the press.

Prince Andrew groped young woman's breast at Epstein house, court files allege

• Prince accused of touching young woman’s breast
  • Allegation contained within files in Ghislaine Maxwell case

"

The document also contains a photo which, Guiffre’s attorneys say, shows Andrew “with his hand around Ms Giuffre’s bare waist while she was a minor child, while posing with [Maxwell], inside [Maxwell’s] house in London.”

The lawyers said in the papers: “This particular photograph corroborates Ms Giuffre’s claims, and there is no other reasonable explanation why an American child should be in the company of adults not her kin, in the London house owned by the girlfriend of a now convicted sex offender.”

"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/09/prince-andrew-court-documents-ghislaine-maxwell-jeffrey-epstein

Useless without pictures.;.)

On 10/8/2019, 3:19:11, hasenpfad1 said:

Not as big as yours, Lisa, but I have a much smaller ass.  And my tits don't droop to the floor.

you're dreaming honey, but not of me

On 05/07/2019, 21:51:58, john g. said:

I know, French bean! But it´s probably " racist " to mention that!!! We are all wonderful, aren´t we? And Nazis! 

People who enslave others deserve locking up. Oh dear, I´m intolerant.

On 05/07/2019, 23:36:59, claudeyc said:

*ahem*

Like the man said (way BEFORE the Epstein story exploded).

He called it!!!

Ghislaine Maxwell arrest throws spotlight back on Prince Andrew

Little respite for Duke of York over friendship with British socialite and Jeffrey Epstein

The arrest by the FBI of British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell on multiple charges related to disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein throws an uncomfortable spotlight once more on the Duke of York.

It comes less than one month after a bad-tempered war-of-words between Prince Andrew’s lawyers and US prosecutors over the royal’s cooperation – or alleged lack of it – over their investigation into the late billionaire.

With Maxwell now in the headlines, there seems little respite in sight from the unrelenting pressure the duke has found himself under over his friendship with the pair.

He has known Maxwell, the daughter of the late, disgraced London newspaper magnate Robert Maxwell, by his own account since she was at Oxford University. They were, he has said, “close friends”. It was Maxwell who introduced him to Epstein back in 1999.

etc etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/02/ghislaine-maxwell-arrest-throws-spotlight-back-on-prince-andrew

2 hours ago, claudeyc said:

*ahem*

Like the man said (way BEFORE the Epstein story exploded).

He called it!!!

Ghislaine Maxwell arrest throws spotlight back on Prince Andrew

Little respite for Duke of York over friendship with British socialite and Jeffrey Epstein

The arrest by the FBI of British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell on multiple charges related to disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein throws an uncomfortable spotlight once more on the Duke of York.

It comes less than one month after a bad-tempered war-of-words between Prince Andrew’s lawyers and US prosecutors over the royal’s cooperation – or alleged lack of it – over their investigation into the late billionaire.

With Maxwell now in the headlines, there seems little respite in sight from the unrelenting pressure the duke has found himself under over his friendship with the pair.

He has known Maxwell, the daughter of the late, disgraced London newspaper magnate Robert Maxwell, by his own account since she was at Oxford University. They were, he has said, “close friends”. It was Maxwell who introduced him to Epstein back in 1999.

etc etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/02/ghislaine-maxwell-arrest-throws-spotlight-back-on-prince-andrew

Why are you quoting me re a scandal involving Maxwell and Prince Andrew? 😠

What are you insinuating? I am against ALL cover ups of abuse- whoever the perps are. Whether Rotherham, whether Royalty, whether the Church or a Synagogue or any other place of worship where influential people have power to ruin lives, whether the cops, the military, civilians, a boss, a psychopathic neighbour, a vicious pet owner- ANYONE who abuses the weaker.

Spit it out, claudeyc. You quoted something ( remember there was a context ) from May/June 2019. I will not wait that long for a reply from you in context. 

On 02/07/2020, 19:52:02, john g. said:

Why are you quoting me re a scandal involving Maxwell and Prince Andrew? 😠

What are you insinuating? I am against ALL cover ups of abuse- whoever the perps are. Whether Rotherham, whether Royalty, whether the Church or a Synagogue or any other place of worship where influential people have power to ruin lives, whether the cops, the military, civilians, a boss, a psychopathic neighbour, a vicious pet owner- ANYONE who abuses the weaker.

Spit it out, claudeyc. You quoted something ( remember there was a context ) from May/June 2019. I will not wait that long for a reply from you in context. 

Nothing special intended. My comment is in line with the general content of the thread.