Strange things that happened to you

27 posts in this topic

Have you had things happen to you that don't have a logical explaination as to why and how.

Yesterday I went out on my bike getting back home around 9.00pm.

It was still light when I parked my bike in the garage.

This morning when I went to the garage to clean my bike, there was a GB sticker on the floor by my bike.

It was definitely not there when I locked up the night before.

It was at the other end of the garage away from the garage door. (maybe 3 metres)

The door is well sealed so It wouldn't have blown underneath.

I have never bought such a sticker, so I'm perplexed as the how this appeared during the night.

Cue Mulder and Scully.

When I lived in Canada, I owned an old house.  Enclosed porch in the front and back.  I would leave the door to the back porch unlocked.  The back door into the house had a dead bolt.  The front door into the porch was locked, it had an outer door which was hooked on the inside and then the porch door to the street which was hooked from the inside as well.  One day I got home, back door locked as usual but the front door and the outer door were both open into the front porch.  The door to the street from the front porch was however closed and hooked from the inside.  Snow on the ground showed only my footprints going to the back door.  This was in the dead of winter so there was no reason why I might have opened the doors into the porch and left them like that.  I would only open the porch to get mail and close the doors again because it was effing cold in there.  Nobody else was in the house.  A friend had a key but she had no reason to be in the house.  I still asked her if she was and she said no.  I had changed the locks when I bought it so nobody else had a key.  Still a mystery.

hus2.JPG

hus3.JPG

Many years ago when I was studying I shared a flat with a few fellow students. It was an old Victorian terraced apartment made up of different rooms. We all shared one bathroom and a kitchen.

The toilet had one of those light switches which was attached to the celing and you had to pull a string to turn the light on and off. This was situated just as you came into the bathroom by the sink.

One night when I went to the toilet and had locked the door behind me, I suddenly heard the sound of the switch on the ceiling click like somebody had pulled the string! Suddenly the light went off! I heard heavy breathing and the room went freezing cold.

Spoooooky... or maybe a prank?! :wacko::blink:

An old, not nice (think horrible attitude and beliefs) distant relative peacefully died (to our relief) in my mother's house years ago.

The next Christmas holidays we spent there, a gloom and a chill hung over the house that would not go away. We all shivered and were uncomfortable.

In desperation and to comfort the guests, I said I would do a sage smudge in the house against the bad feeling, and took along someone to say a prayer of her religion for the deceased.

Well, I burned the sage (and incense for good measure), and she did her prayer thing.

When we returned upstairs the gloom had lifted, the shivering stopped, and there was peace in the house.

Weird.

Several years ago I was with my mother in the graveyard where my grandparents are buried. We were putting flowers on the grave and had stuff lying on the path in front of the grave, when out of the corner of my eye I saw a woman coming down the path towards us. We had finished what we were doing, so with my back towards the woman, I moved my stuff off the path and walked to the end of the path. My mum finished and followed me, asking me why I'd moved away so quickly. I said it was to let the woman go past. My mum hadn't noticed her and there was no sign of her on the path, so I assumed she must be behind another gravestone putting down flowers. But when we moved to a higher part of the graveyard very close by, and I looked over the area where we'd been, there was no sign of anyone.

damn that is creepy

I have had a few.

the most striking were death related.  EG my childhood dog who we had to give to a friend when we moved visited me in a dream, and next day we were informed she had died the same day I had the dream.

A wonderful woman - a sort of "mom I wish I had" - when i was in high school...she had terminal liver cancer and I hadn't seen her in months as she was in the hospital.  One night I had a dream that I went in to the record store she owned, and she was there!  She was so vibrant and happy and healthy!  But she was supposed to be sick?!  I gave her a quizzical look and she just smiled a beaming smile and walked out the door.  I woke up immediately and it was 2:05 or something.  Spoke to my friend the next day and he told me she had died.  I told him about my dream...he asked me what time it was and then he was just about speechless - he said she died within a couple of minutes of that dream (the newspaper confirmed this).  

and when I was smaller, we lived in a haunted house.  we had one visitor (a very serious woman, mind) who saw a pair of legs walking around in the hallway when she was en route to the bathroom.  My brother saw weird glowing balls flying around his room one night.  One time I came home from school to find the birdcage in my room upside down on the floor, but my door was securely latched, and the cage had been sitting on a large table and was much too large to fall over on its own even if the bird inside had gone completely ballistic.  and one night we kids were watching tv, we had made a bowl of popcorn and the empty bowl was sitting in the middle of a table.  It slid right off and crashed to the floor for no apparent reason.  

eta:  there was also one room in that house that was so uncomfortable to be in, we never ever used it. It was a beautful room with cathedral ceiling and a wall of stone with a huge fireplace, but it was just off.  When any of us kids passed through, it was a top speed as for some reason it just had bad juju.  If it could have said "GET OUT"...well actually it did, just not audibly ;) 

On 6/29/2019, 3:11:12, Anna66 said:

Many years ago when I was studying I shared a flat with a few fellow students. It was an old Victorian terraced apartment made up of different rooms. We all shared one bathroom and a kitchen.

The toilet had one of those light switches which was attached to the celing and you had to pull a string to turn the light on and off. This was situated just as you came into the bathroom by the sink.

One night when I went to the toilet and had locked the door behind me, I suddenly heard the sound of the switch on the ceiling click like somebody had pulled the string! Suddenly the light went off! I heard heavy breathing and the room went freezing cold.

Spoooooky... or maybe a prank?! :wacko::blink:

At the risk of making myself sound ridiculous...Anna...dunno if you´ve ever done a ouija board thingy...where you sit at a table, and have a yes or no note and call upon spirits to answer questions.

I was 18, in Bonn in mid-summer and it was hot. I was with Carlos from Peru and Mike from Birmingham..all young lads.

We got a bit cheeky with our questions and the " spirit " moved the glass we were holding to yes and no. At one stage we asked a stupid question (I think about a football match coming on soon or a lottery ticket prediction ) and the glass slid off the table and broke into smithereens on the floor. AND the room went bloody cold. The smithereens jumped up in the air and freaked us out.

The Peruvian did some prayer ritual ( I was non-religious ) and it calmed down and the room warmed up.

NO! I was not drunk or " stoned ". It happened.

There are many other things I have witnessed/felt and that is probably the one I remember  most at that tender age. 

Later in life, I witnessed voodoo in Haiti.

Scientists will probably come along at some stage here!

Lisa, I had several dreams where my deceased mother bugged me after she died (she was annoying in life, too).

She didn't want to let go in these dreams, wandering around near her old (already cleared and sold) home or in her old social club, which was very much like her... I would sigh in exasperation and firmly tell her in each dream she had to move on! This was no longer the right place to be!

Regardless if it was me or her having to let go - the dreams became rarer, then stopped.

It gave me an inkling of why clairvoyants/mediums etc. suffer from their gift - it's annoying. ;)

(I did however dream of my Dad, also a difficult guy, *once* many many years after he died. He looked a lot more relaxed and fitter than in life - he said "Hello, daughter", hugged me, smiled and left. Almost as if he were checking in.)

When looking for more information about an ancestor, I came across his naturalization paper online. The month and day I found this info just happened to be the same month and day his naturalization paper was dated, albeit the years were very very far appart. 

Growing up in the 70s in a small, sleepy village some 50 kilometers northwest of New York City, I was often tormented by a bully named Albert. He lived about five minutes' walking distance from our house with his three older siblings and divorced father in a blood-red Dutch colonial-style house built in the 1920s. He used to beat me up on a regular occasion and never had I wished ill will as intensely on someone as I did on him. However, my sister was actually good friends with his oldest sister and even slept over at their place sometimes.

Anyway, one day I’m walking back home from school and see a gaggle of people outside Albert‘s house. Coming closer, I find out the people outside are reporters and curious locals. What had happened was that, during the night, Albert‘s father had slaughtered all four of his children with a knife before blowing his own brains out with a shotgun (google "Girardi murders").

I don’t know if this counts as a "strange thing that happened to me", but, looking back, was very creepy indeed. Be careful what you wish for...

I decided to do some travelling between my internship and my senior year.  I had some time, but no one to travel with so I just went on my own.  I stopped off in Williamsburg, VA and stayed at a Bed and Breakfast. Williamsburg is one of the oldest settlements in the US.   The woman who owned the Bed and Breakfast was over 90 years old and the house and grounds were even more ancient (for American standards).  She asked me if I wanted a room or the cottage.  I thought a cottage would be cool, so I asked about that.  She seemed a little hesitant to rent it to me which kinda creeped me out a little (what's wrong with the cottage?) but she relented.  I settled down to watch TV and chose a horror flick (of course).  While watching the movie, I realized that I was all alone in the kinda creepy old cottage down South in the US and that the cottage had probably been the slaves quarters originally.  I wondered what sort of horrible things might have occured there, when I started to perceive a vibration going through the ground and the whole cottage.  I felt a tingle going up and down my spine but I put it off - I was a rational guy who didn't believe in ghosts.  The vibration must be imagined due to wine and the movie I had been watching.  However the vibration did not go away and soon the whole cottage was literally shaking.  This could not be my imagination!  I remember not really being afraid, just a bit freaked out and mostly curious to see what would happen next.  By this time, the pots and pans in the kitchen were clanking together loudly and suddenly I heard....

Chooo!  Chooo! 

The next morning, I noticed the train tracks that went directly behind the hedge next to the cottage.  I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't a ghost, but I had a good laugh anyway...

32 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

Chooo!  Chooo! 

The next morning, I noticed the train tracks that went directly behind the hedge next to the cottage.  I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't a ghost, but I had a good laugh anyway...

And later on, you found out that the tracks had been decommissioned long ago...

GHOST TRAIN!

19 hours ago, john g. said:

At the risk of making myself sound ridiculous...Anna...dunno if you´ve ever done a ouija board thingy...where you sit at a table, and have a yes or no note and call upon spirits to answer questions.

I was 18, in Bonn in mid-summer and it was hot. I was with Carlos from Peru and Mike from Birmingham..all young lads.

We got a bit cheeky with our questions and the " spirit " moved the glass we were holding to yes and no. At one stage we asked a stupid question (I think about a football match coming on soon or a lottery ticket prediction ) and the glass slid off the table and broke into smithereens on the floor. AND the room went bloody cold. The smithereens jumped up in the air and freaked us out.

The Peruvian did some prayer ritual ( I was non-religious ) and it calmed down and the room warmed up.

NO! I was not drunk or " stoned ". It happened.

There are many other things I have witnessed/felt and that is probably the one I remember  most at that tender age. 

Later in life, I witnessed voodoo in Haiti.

Scientists will probably come along at some stage here!

Yes, I have....And tarot cards too! with readings that have been spookily accurate ;)

I wouldn't touch these things with a barge pole.You are playing with opening a door to a different dimension and normally only evil things come through.

Tarot cards told me when I was 20 that I would spend my life outside the U.K. Didn't believe it at the time.

43 minutes ago, Acton said:

I wouldn't touch these things with a barge pole.You are playing with opening a door to a different dimension and normally only evil things come through.

Tarot cards told me when I was 20 that I would spend my life outside the U.K. Didn't believe it at the time.

Do you have any evidence or facts to back up this claim?

2 hours ago, Acton said:

I absolutely agree. Never meddle with ouija boards etc.  My parents believe that their messing around with ouija with friends when I was a toddler, affected me very badly until we left the house when I was 14.  Too much to explain...really, just don't do it, it is evil!

I've had several experiences - hallucinogenic, clairaudient, clairvoyant over the years. Recent one was my son's ski accident.

I recommend this series of talks by former black magic practitioner Mark Passio:

1 hour ago, jeremytwo said:

I've had several experiences - hallucinogenic, clairaudient, clairvoyant over the years. Recent one was my son's ski accident.

I recommend this series of talks by former black magic practitioner Mark Passio:

I'm sure you've had many hallucinogenic, clairaudient and clairvoyant experiences over the years for whatever reason.

But "magicians" like Penn and Teller, David Copperfield et al are illusionists and not real.

Harry Potter, the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus are all made up too. Sorry to disappoint you.

Once I was on a Saturday night listening to metal in this bar in Portugal:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g189186-d8048779-i160062245-Encanas_Bar-Vila_do_Conde_Porto_District_Northern_Portugal.html

Then, from the front door a motorcycle came in, with a skull on the top mud guard!

The rider stepped off, wearing a German WW2 German "Stahlhelm"!

Although the whole bar was already completely gobsmacked, the weirdest thing was about to happen.

Behind the driver, a dwarf (which I personally knew) came. The rider picked him up, placed him on the counter, where he started a freaky dance! After some seconds, the whole fucking bar was dancing around him!!