Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What do you do when you feel down or anxious?

82 posts in this topic

I am trying to recall all times when I felt anxious or down.

I cannot remember I was ever down or anxious as child. I was very shy, sometimes in some situations, I felt very nervous. Then, I escape from there, avoid such situations. I was always very energetic.

The first time comfort eating because of anxiety was when I was waiting for college acceptance letter. On the day the letter was supposed to arrive, I was so anxious, could not figure out what to do. Then I went to kitchen. Fortunately, our family did not have any cakes or sweets, no leftovers, only cucumbers and some other vegetables. So I dipped cucumber in a very spicy sauce, and ate so much. The very spicy sensation did help me. Probably this is the only time for comfort eating.

I think I do not really do comfort eating, because when I feel bad if I eat a lot, I feel even worse.

If I feel down or anxious, there is always a reason for that. I never feel so without any reason, and I always know what makes me feel that way.

So I try to hard to find a solution for the problem that bothers me. Sometimes the only solution is that let time solve it, or let it die down, and all my effort is in vain. Then I realize sometimes, I should just take the attitude: let it be.

16 minutes ago, Sir Percy B said:

fall asleep in my own puke.

And when you wake up, you notice diced carrots in your puke, but can't remember having eaten anything with diced carrots in it for weeks, right? 

24 minutes ago, Sir Percy B said:

Feeling down, I drink copious amounts of beer, eat a spicy Indian curry, drink more beer and fall asleep in my own puke.

But when you wake up nothing changed.

To me that cannot help.

I am worrying about an exam that I need to pass in order to join a group (not for work). I think I cannot pass. It is too short notice.

I found a tutor for this weekend, but still feel I cannot pass, and I will be very disappointed.

I thought about having comfort food. No, I am sure that cannot help. You need to split some of your mind to the food in order to enjoy the food. I cannot at this moment.

I feel terrible because of lack of sleep. I always go to sleep too late, wake up with sunrise, only 5 hours of sleep a day.

So, until exam:

(1) go to sleep before 11pm.

(2) Take lesson twice, this weekend, and next weekend.

(3) Try to practice as much as I can.

Hope that even if I cannot not meet the expectation, my positive attitude could convince them to accept me. After all, my addition would not degrade the group, at most, I would not be able to make full share of contribution.

If I still fail, at least I did my best.

There are other things as well. A problem that I tried so hard to solve, I will know the results in 8 days. I do not know how the lawsuit will go. I think I did all that I could do. Then, let it be.

I feel so sad, why do I have to deal with all these ridiculous problems. Both problems are so unfair.

You know, there is counselling available.  Talk about it with your doctor.

Just now, franklan said:

And when you wake up, you notice diced carrots in your puke, but can't remember having eaten anything with diced carrots in it for weeks, right? 

Notice them, I can't miss them they're normally stuck all over my face and neck and what ever I'm wearing.

But yes you're right there's always carrots.

The worse part about the drinking is not the puking up it's the wetting the bed having been to drunk to go to the toilet

I'm just thinking, should this be in the First World Problems thread?

5 minutes ago, silty1 said:

You know, there is counselling available.  Talk about it with your doctor.

That never helped me.

What can they do for me?

They are like: we are not allowed to give you any advice, ....

They listen quietly, that is all. I can talk to a wall.

It is better to spend the time to make things better, because, to me, the only way that I can feel better is that things that I am worrying about are improved.

Just now, SmurfLee said:

That never helped me.

That's evident.  Feeling down and anxious?  Simply log out of Toytown.

8 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

But when you wake up nothing changed.

It does, for example I don't normally shower every day but when this happens I have to shower and put clean clothes on so you see there was some change.

10 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

So, until exam:

(1) go to sleep before 11pm.

(2) Take lesson twice, this weekend, and next weekend.

(3) Try to practice as much as I can.

10 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

(4) Don't start any new threads on Toytown

7 minutes ago, Sir Percy B said:

The worse part about the drinking is not the puking up it's the wetting the bed having been to drunk to go to the toilet

Are you sure it was you that pissed the bed and not some random chick or fella that you took home for a water sports challenge?

Just now, SpiderPig said:

Are you sure it was you that pissed the bed and not some random chick or fella that you took home for a water sports challenge?

Come to think of it, I'm not gay but the bloke I sleep with is so it could of been him.:o

1 minute ago, SpiderPig said:

Did you wake up with Ring sting??   

That may not be the curry that caused it... :wacko:

Ring Sting?  Why would you do that, I'm sure he's a very busy person. :lol:

12 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

That never helped me.

What can they do for me?

They are like: we are not allowed to give you any advice, ...

It is better to spend the time to make things better, because, to me, the only way that I can feel better is that things that I am worrying about are improved.

Just because it hasn't worked before doesn't mean it never will.  Just a suggestion, anyway.  I'm sure you know best what's right for you.

13 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

That's because they have to have a diagnosis first, e.g. "manic-depressive (Bipolar disorder) in combination with egomania and half a spoon of megalomania" before they can help you.

So, you're saying that you had counseling but the counselor didn't do it right?

Things that I would try and do to releive my worry and anxieties...

1... Get my local postal collection place closed down...

2..Import Papricka ... ( Deliberate SP)

3.. Go to a BBQ

4.. Insult people about their weight

5...Fall in love with my dentist..

6.. Worry about the meat content in steak...

7... duvets!! Also a cause of worry... 

Fucking hell... I sould like I am crazy eh?

I masturbate.

Nothing like an orgasm to perk you up. Rush of dopamine to the brain. Wonderful. Soon feel much better after a good orgasm.

When you do talking therapy, counsellors ask specific questions designed to make you see things from a different angle.

But talking therapy is also not the only kind of therapy there is. You could also try CBT, for instance.

If one counsellor can't help, try another. Like you would with boyfriends.

3 minutes ago, Anna66 said:

I masturbate.

Nothing like an orgasm to perk you up. Rush of dopamine to the brain. Wonderful. Soon feel much better after a good orgasm.

This could be @SmurfLee problem, she spends so much time on hear how an earth does she have time for a lover.

I think the signs are showing, she is an anxious sexually frustrated depressed woman, I mean, that's like a car crash waiting to happen, she needs to get out and get laid or as you suggest Anna, masturbate.

At the moment it sounds like she's at the stage in life where food has taken the place of sex.

There are also studies suggesting that semen itself has anti-depressant properties...