Type D Visa to Blue Card

2 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I am a Non EU national (New Zealander).

I have been living in Munich for 5 months, on a type D visa that I applied for at the German Embassy in New Zealand.

When I applied, I thought I was applying for a Blue Card at the embassy.

My visa finishes on the 27th of July, and I wish to extend it so I can continue my job in Munich.

Is it possible to extend this type D visa or convert it into a Blue card?

I have one issue, my university degree was lost in my luggage on my way here (I had already applied for my visa) and my university will not send me another copy.

Is this physical copy of the degree a must have? From what I can tell online it is.

Any help on this would be fantastic.

Cheers,

Chris 

3 minutes ago, ChrisWrightTopher said:

Is it possible to extend this type D visa or convert it into a Blue card?

Visas are only issued at Embassies and Consulates abroad and a foreigner who arrives in Germany with a D Visum needs to apply for a residence permit (Aufenthaltstitel) in Germany. A Blue Card is one type of residence permit.

I have one issue, my university degree was lost in my luggage on my way here

Never, ever pack important documents (or medication) in your checked luggage! I know it is too late for you, however, maybe someone else will read this and think twice about doing it.

Is this physical copy of the degree a must have? From what I can tell online it is.

Normally it is. Did you submit a copy of the degree or did you take the original to the German Embassy when you applied for your visa? There might be a copy of your degree somewhere in your file. See if you can at least order an official transcript and take all the correspondence you have from the university.

Make an appointment ASAP. Without the degree it might take some time to sort out. On the other hand, if everything was correctly documented, it is also possible your application will be processed smoothly.