How can I Kündigung the contract with Vondafone?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,
I have internet service: Red Internet & Phone 200 Cable.

I have few question of my contract, but the customer service system is the worst one I ever met.

Hard to get through the service center, and they refuse to speak English.

Comments on their site called "Vondafone community" is not efficient at all, they don't answer my question, just throw another question back to me... like a never end ping-pong game...

So it would be great if someone can share (bad) experience of how to cancle the contract with them?

- How much will it be charged if I didn't complete the contract period? (My contract I think it's 2 year, now it has been 1 year. But I really want to get rid of this company in my life!!!!!)
- Where can I downloadI the termination form? (I can't find it... it's all in German) 

- After complete the form, where should I send to? how about the wifi router?

I appreciate your time, thank you!

I'm in a similar situation with Vodafone and unfortunately I don't think you're going to have much luck getting out of it. German laws regarding these contracts are very unfriendly to consumers, so Vodafone basically has the right to lock you in for those 2 years. If money isn't a problem and you just want them out of your life, there is the option to pay out your remaining contract (the full fees for the 1 year you have left I mean) and cancel, but you will not find a general cancellation form.

My understanding is that there are very few accepted reasons for cancelling a contract here and they are limited to:

1. You're leaving Germany 

2. You're moving somewhere else in Germany and Vodafone does not have service there

That's it as far as I know. 

You should also check your contract again because if you've been in it for 12 months, it might have automatically renewed. If it hasn't you should probably contact them to make sure it doesn't because they will NOT tell you.

Good luck!

According to Vodafone, as quoted in a forum:

“We point out that a proper termination is possible only at the end of the agreed contract period. The expected compensation payment is made up of the contractual residual maturity in months multiplied by the monthly basic fee less a discounting factor. The compensation payment is listed on the final invoice. If a customer wishes the untimely ending of the contract, Vodafone suffers a financial damage for which we calculate a compensatory payment as follows: The monthly basic fee as well as the package price, from the point of termination up to the regular end of the contract term. We will deduct Euro 1 per monthly invoice for minor administration expenses and have taken the deduction of unaccrued interest p.a. into consideration.”

You're basically stuck with them until the end of the contract.

You need to give at least 3 months notice before the end of that period in writing, do it now!

Aboalarm.de is very useful for cancelling contracts. You just enter the name of the company you want to cancel, then fill in the details, contract number etc, and then you can send it direct from the website (they fax it for you). It costs a couple of euros, and you could do it for free yourself, but it saves you a trip to the post office, and you have the peace of mind that they send it to the correct person etc. It won't help get you out of the contract any earlier though. 

Hi there, try to contact them via Facebook and I had quite a quick response from them. (I was writting to them in English)

Good luck!