Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gastric bypass surgery

160 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

People always tell me I look very athletic.

People will say this to a young lady even when her arse is as wide as the Buckingham palace.

8 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

If you call these lack of empanty, I can name quite few extremely lack of empathy.

At least I stated the truth without deform or exaggeration.

And my point was always when you can make choices, why don't you choose something that makes your life better.

Some TTers use deforming and exaggerating to make some others feel miserable.

I'm so sorry you're taking this so personally. This is a well-studied phenomenon that I definitely indicated was involuntary on your part, as is some people's weight condition.

9 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Sounds simple but it is not.  Our bodies are efficiency machines, they adapt to the most extreme conditions because surviving is the priority.   

For example, a very unfit person starts doing some exercise.  The first weeks the person will lose weight, a combination of losing retained water and burning fat because of the exercise.   But with the time your muscles become a bit toned and your body become more efficient.  On top of that you already lost a bit of weight, so the less baggage to carry the less your burn.   So burning fat becomes more difficult.

Your experience may be different, but it is pretty common for people who begin a running or weight training routine to gain a couple of kg during the first 1-2 weeks before starting to shed weight.   

It is important to socialize this idea beforehand with people who are trying to lose weight so that they don't get discouraged.  

12 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

Some TTers use deforming and exaggerating to make some others feel miserable.

It is because they are miserable with their own lives.    Don't let it get to you. 

3 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

I'm so sorry you're taking this so personally. This is a well-studied phenomenon that I definitely indicated was involuntary on your part, as is some people's weight condition.

You cited my post and said this, then I can only inter[ret it as you are saying I am lack of empathy.

Am I wrong here>?

@SmurfLee What I said is in plain English. You can review it as often as you like. I'm a bit busy and don't have time to rephrase. You can google "population density effects on social cues" for more information. 

1 minute ago, SpiderPig said:

Anyone else laughing at Balti and his Alti discussing this as if they are 2 different people?  :lol:

That would demonstrate at best a lack of empathy. 

I like sports and fitness, SP.  

We have never met, but this is what i would tell you if giving you advice about weight control.

Outside of sensational tabloid type of abuse, the worst thing you can do to your kids as a Father is drop dead.    Most Mothers don't need to be reminded.   

Let that sink in. 

ps:   i hate it when people use the phrase:   "let that sink in."

15 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

@SmurfLee What I said is in plain English. You can review it as often as you like. I'm a bit busy and don't have time to rephrase. You can google "population density effects on social cues" for more information. 

Yes, I am not saying "population density effects on social cues" not true.

I am only saying your citing the paper or the information or the conclustion here in such way clearly means I am lack of empathy. I am only discussing about this point you made! Not going against "population density effects on social cues""

For some reason I didn’t like this thread as soon as I saw it, and it isn’t that I generally have a problem with SL or her stupid threads. 

@SmurfLee: time for a new thread. I‘m sure there was a fly in your room or something that you need to tell us about. 

2 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

I‘m sure there was a fly in your room of something that you need to tell us about. 

"Yesterday I was looking around my room and spotted a fly with no wings. I decided to call it a 'walk'."

7 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

For some reason I didn’t like this thread as soon as I saw it, and it isn’t that I generally have a problem with SL or her stupid threads. 

@SmurfLee: time for a new thread. I‘m sure there was a fly in your room or something that you need to tell us about. 

It is time for me to focus on my work.

I think I am wasting too much time.

I will not visit TT until 5:30pm today.

With one exception. If I get email notice for moving this thread to wherever, I will come back and move back.

3 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

I will not visit TT until 5:30pm today.

I shall count the minutes. :wub:

3 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Now, How would you react to a Thread about Alchoholism and alchohol abuse/mis-use?

I for one have no problem with that. I’m very open about my alcoholism and recovery and feel it is something that should be openly discussed, as it is still greatly misunderstood. 

I‘m not your typical poster child, which is why I feel it is my duty to speak out and show that it isn‘t just your people with mohawks living under the bridge. It can also be a family father or mother who can hold down a good job. 

My problem with this particular thread is all of the misconceptions and finger-pointing. Otherwise this subject shouldn’t be taboo either. 

@A.N.Other Good for you. Having a medical condition is nothing that anyone should be made to feel ashamed of - whether it is alcoholism or obesity.

16 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

me 2., i love treats more than meals.

an hour of daily walk m-f  to and back from work.

Maybe treat yourself to this Italian lemon ricotta cake.  I'm sure you'll find the instructions simple to follow.  Enjoy.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/recipe.png

28 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Maybe treat yourself to this Italian lemon ricotta cake.  I'm sure you'll find the instructions simple to follow.  Enjoy.

Don't forget something to wash it down! (given the subject at hand, I recommend the COCK LIGHT)

5d078d5fce109_funny-chinese-sign-transla