Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gastric bypass surgery

160 posts in this topic

a person weighing 48 kg (more than you) would be lucky to burn 2500 calories running a whole freaking marathon.

anyway, it sounds like you have an eating disorder to binge on 4-5k calories on any given day. It goes without saying the number and sheer variety of problems you have is staggering.

28 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

a person weighing 48 kg (more than you) would be lucky to burn 2500 calories running a whole freaking marathon.

anyway, it sounds like you have an eating disorder to binge on 4-5k calories on any given day. It goes without saying the number and sheer variety of problems you have is staggering.

whatever you call it or tag it.

it works for me.

my fam. doc. thinks i am in excellent health condition according to all parameters he measured. i get regular physical exam. i may have lower threshold to complain phys. discomfort, because i am very alert.

i enjoy my food and my activities. if i see i am eating more than consuming, i would adjust what i eat.

i just need that much food on sat. for what i ate yesterday, i believe i lost some weight.

in fact, think about one full course of food in american restaurant

45 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

how many hours is marathon?

i was busy from 8.30am to 10pm yesterday. the cal. i took was not enough for even my size.

7 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

i was busy from 8.30am to 10pm yesterday. the cal. i took was not enough for even my size.

Go out tomorrow and see how you feel after running 42 km. It is a distance thing, not a time thing.

14 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

Go out tomorrow and see how you feel after running 42 km. It is a distance thing, not a time thing.

Yeah SL.. and when you get there.. keep fucking running ... You are one fucked up troll

I've heard a very plausible theory that says it's chewing that releases juices that make you put on weight.

So I've taken to eating my food whole. I've now lost 22 months, am forty five kgs tall and have increased my IQ to borderline impaired.

25 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

brisk walking or moderate biking burns 300+ cal an hour.

i was close to such movement most time from 8.30 to 22.00

in fact i biked to atm to get cash at 22.30,

go figure how much cal i need.

4-5000 cal really is not a lot for very active day

2 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

utter bullshit.

for your weight more like 150.  

you're fucking mental.  

wow, you sound super unhappy.

whatever the reasons is i can enjoy food and keep shape. and i do not have eating disorder.

are you over weight? or too much restriction to stay in shape?

or did you check your thyroid level? 

50 years old. Female. 93,2 kg to 74.6 in 2 years with a high-fat, low-carb way of eating and intermittent fasting (16:8 and one meal per day). Started because of a pre-diabetes diagnosis and decided I didn't want to be the next member of my family with Type 2 diabetes. Succeeded in my goal. Aside from commuting with my bike and a recent (and relatively unused gym membership), I do not exercise any more or less than I did before.

Ultra-processed off-the-shelf and delivery foods, HFCS and other carbonated drinks, and the low-fat/low-salt myths have contributed to the explosion of diabetes worldwide. The human race did not get collectively lazy. Gym memberships and "just exercise" have just made people more deeply unhappy about their bodies when even gym owners agree that DIET IS 80% OF THE ISSUE. "You cannot outrun a bad diet." And, as they say, the only thing you get good at by counting calories is math. Our grandparents didn't have calorie apps. They also didn't have big-box grocery stores hawking low-fat cookies.

I am active in a LOT of LCHF/keto/banting groups on Reddit and Facebook. I don't care if people are like "diets fail" or "you will gain it all back." If for a couple of years everyone used diet to reduce the likelihood of a cardiac incident and the need to take insulin (with its spiraling fall to severe health decline and exploding costs), that's the goddamn path we should encourage people to do IF WE CAN. (And, hey, not everyone wants to change their eating, exercise, or be thin. We need to stop the concern trolling that is def fat shaming. Their bodies, their goddamn choice.) Diabetes is fucking costly and I don't just mean a lost leg. That matters more than whether someone's ass looks great in jeans.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in why low-carb high-fat is regaing in popularity and works so well for severely obese and diabetic patients, I recommend the following:

- Dr. Bernsteins Diabetes Solution http://www.diabetes-book.com/

- Dr. Jason Fung's The Obesity Code https://smile.amazon.de/Obesity-Code-Unlocking-Secrets-Weight/dp/1771641258?sa-no-redirect=1 

- reddit r/keto FAQ https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq

- Diet Doctor, one of the best LCHF resources online and mostly free https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb

- the 1.7 million member banting group on Facebook (success stories galore and the nicest multi-million member group Facebook ever has had) https://www.facebook.com/groups/Banting7DayMealPlans/

omg SL this is your typical response.  "you are unhappy", "you must be somehow jealous of me (insert any number of suppositions there)" and my absolute favorite:  "your thyroid must be out of whack"

no, no and no. I'm perfectly healthy, I eat what I like and have maintained the same weight since high school without having to do anything challenging. 

What you seem to fail to realize, is that even if I had any of these problems, it would not change the fact that you are fucking mental.  

sorry, try again :)

1 hour ago, SmurfLee said:

If you are 48kg and you would be in shape to do a marathon, it would take you 4-5 hours and you would burn around 2000 - 2300 calories, i.e. 105% * your weight in kg * 42.2 km   +/-.   

Here is some more info about distance events.    I weigh around 82 kg.   Someone my size has around 2500 calories stored as Glycogen in the muscles.   A kilometer running costs around 85 calories (+/-).    Someone my size can absorb 150-200 calories per hour.   

Here is the scenario for a marathon:

2500 + 4 hours*200 cal / hour == 3300 calorie "budget".   85 calories/km  * 42 km == 3570 calories.   If i would run on pure carbs + glycogen, there is still a deficit of 270 calories which means the last 1-3 km will be tough if i don't burn any fat.   

After the marathon, the tank is empty and you can refill with whatever food you want.    The problem is that any excess calories will be converted to fat or "output".    Refilling the tank is not a 100% efficient process.    Thus, you might notice that a lot of long distance runners, especially those who are older and they "empty the tank" a couple of times per week,  are not the fittest looking people.    

35 minutes ago, tlcoles said:

50 years old. Female. 93,2 kg to 74.6 in 2 years with a high-fat, low-carb way of eating and intermittent fasting (16:8 and one meal per day). Started because of a pre-diabetes diagnosis and decided I didn't want to be the next member of my family with Type 2 diabetes. Succeeded in my goal. Aside from commuting with my bike and a recent (and relatively unused gym membership), I do not exercise any more or less than I did before.

Ultra-processed off-the-shelf and delivery foods, HFCS and other carbonated drinks, and the low-fat/low-salt myths have contributed to the explosion of diabetes worldwide. The human race did not get collectively lazy. Gym memberships and "just exercise" have just made people more deeply unhappy about their bodies when even gym owners agree that DIET IS 80% OF THE ISSUE. "You cannot outrun a bad diet." And, as they say, the only thing you get good at by counting calories is math. Our grandparents didn't have calorie apps. They also didn't have big-box grocery stores hawking low-fat cookies.

I am active in a LOT of LCHF/keto/banting groups on Reddit and Facebook. I don't care if people are like "diets fail" or "you will gain it all back." If for a couple of years everyone used diet to reduce the likelihood of a cardiac incident and the need to take insulin (with its spiraling fall to severe health decline and exploding costs), that's the goddamn path we should encourage people to do IF WE CAN. (And, hey, not everyone wants to change their eating, exercise, or be thin. We need to stop the concern trolling that is def fat shaming. Their bodies, their goddamn choice.) Diabetes is fucking costly and I don't just mean a lost leg. That matters more than whether someone's ass looks great in jeans.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in why low-carb high-fat is regaing in popularity and works so well for severely obese and diabetic patients, I recommend the following:

- Dr. Bernsteins Diabetes Solution http://www.diabetes-book.com/

- Dr. Jason Fung's The Obesity Code https://smile.amazon.de/Obesity-Code-Unlocking-Secrets-Weight/dp/1771641258?sa-no-redirect=1 

- reddit r/keto FAQ https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq

- Diet Doctor, one of the best LCHF resources online and mostly free https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb

- the 1.7 million member banting group on Facebook (success stories galore and the nicest multi-million member group Facebook ever has had) https://www.facebook.com/groups/Banting7DayMealPlans/

Congratulations - that's great!   

I have read a lot about the 16/8 fast routine and plan to try it soon.    

1 hour ago, lisa13 said:

utter bullshit.

for your weight more like 150.  

you're fucking mental.  

u sound so strange.

always hypereccited., and so angry for nothing. whats wrong w/t u?

not one single thing is wrong with me. 

you throw out completely inaccurate information and I'm just pointing out that you are full of shit.  If you want to believe it's reasonable to think you are easily burning 4-5k calories being "busy", have at it.  fly your "mental" flag proudly, I say.

Sitting here breathlessly waiting for you to throw your next (well used) card where you claim I'm "hysterical".  Please don't disappoint me.  I need some entertainment while I do my taxes.

1 minute ago, lisa13 said:

not one single thing is wrong with me. 

you throw out completely inaccurate information and I'm just pointing out that you are full of shit.  If you want to believe it's reasonable to think you are easily burning 4-5k calories being "busy", have at it.  fly your "mental" flag proudly, I say.

Sitting here breathlessly waiting for you to throw your next (well used) card where you claim I'm "hysterical"

You seem angry and agitated about this?   Why?