Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Something in meat that is not available from other food

134 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

As in all of the other multiple threads on this same subject, I will say I don't care what anybody eats. Way too much labeling going on these days.

I've never in my life heard someone say, "I'm a carnivore.". Why do vegans, etc. have to always say what they eat? I do understand when they are asked like for a party or something. Otherwise, please keep your "tarians" to yourselves. Nobody cares.

If you really do not care, why do you even read the "multiple threads on this same subject"? To kill time?

I must point out something I have noticed for very long time, your posts are always full of contradictions. Sorry I kind of lost patience to read such post at this point, and I happened to read your post because it is in a thread I started.

We discuss about what we eat and what consequences are in our bodies, and share our experiences to become healthier eater.

It was my experiment to have more cashews as substitute for meat. The logic behind is that if the dizziness is caused by iron deficiency, cashews loaded with irons should help.

It did not help, so I came to conclusion it was not only iron that meat provides.

I started the thread in the hope that people could response with a bit of scientific sense or attitude.

31 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

See? Vegetarianism is turning you gay. Just like they warned.

Not really. Is there a definition for someone my age, who is no longer interested in sex?

22 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I've never in my life heard someone say, "I'm a carnivore.". Why do vegans, etc. have to always say what they eat? I do understand when they are asked like for a party or something. Otherwise, please keep your "tarians" to yourselves. Nobody cares.

This pescetarion absolutely agrees with this.;)

@SmurfLee, my daughter and I also have issues with animal welfare in modern farming. However, absolute veganism doesn't work for our family, especially for my daughter's health. 

So, we are minimal meat eaters...no mammals, no farmed fish. We buy higher welfare meat and dairy products. If you look at meat packaging in supermarkets, there is a a 'Haltungsform' indicator 1-4. 4 being the best welfare...i.e. bio with at least some outdoor life. Check Haltungsform.de.  Some products cost lots more i.e. Rewe bio chicken breasts. But, we just eat less of it and add more vegetables.  Having said that, I guess because the better quality  meat has less water added, it doesn't shrink so much so goes further anyway.

In respect of dairy, there are many more products available produced from Weidenmilch, meadow grazed cows.  Just google how important it is for cows to be grass fed.

As for your dizzy spells...lots of good advice here already. My daughter has occasional health issues that aren't easily addressed by a traditional hausarzt. Sometimes you need to use your gut instinct though don't overload with supplements.  

Did your dizzy spells start after eliminating meat from you diet? Did you feel better when you ate meat? How frequent is the dizziness? Good idea to get a Hausarzt to do a Grossblutbild blood test.  You might have to pay about 20€ for this but it's worth peace of mind.

Issues that seem to trigger my daughter's dizzy spells/general unwellness...seasonal allergies, sugar intake, insufficient daily water intake, hormones, irregular exercise, stress, irregular eating (she forgets to eat regularly sometimes and then suffers 'Hanger'), lack of regular fresh air.  Google Shinrin Yoku and spend time in a forest...never too far from anyone in Germany. Spend less time on the internet!

Maybe ask a good pharmacist about a general quality supplement.  I.e. Multivitamins, iron (we sometimes take Floradix vegan iron and B vitamins), magnesium, B vitamins etc. 

Above all,  don't think and worry too much!

All the best 

10 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

full of contradictions

Somebody is full of contradictions when he/she/it knows that he/she/it feels better when consuming meat but still thinks not eating meat is healthier. 

If you are worried about your iron levels go and have them tested (even if you have to pay for it) instead of randomly messing with your diet. If you have naturally low blood pressure (which both my sister and me have, it's genetic by the looks of it) you might occasionally feel dizzy, there is not much you can do about it. Sit down, have a cookie (sugar helps, if only psychologically), wait till it passes, get on with your day.

22 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

If you really do not care, why do you even read the "multiple threads on this same subject"? To kill time?

I must point out something I have noticed for very long time, your posts are always full of contradictions. Sorry I kind of lost patience to read such post at this point, and I happened to read your post because it is in a thread I started.

My post wasn't directed at you even though you started the thread. It was about labeling. I'm sorry that you took it personally.

If you would do a search for all of the other threads on this topic, you will find more advice and experiences. It has all been said before.

42 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

Could you please quantify the range of frequency of having meat to be Flexitarian?

Why should I?   I am not the one creating such dumb labels.   I am simple an omnivore because genetics and hundreds of thousands of years of evolution.

48 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I've never in my life heard someone say, "I'm a carnivore.".

I have often commented that I’m an omnivore or “allesfresser”, but usually only when it happens to come up while on the topic of vegetarians or vegans. 

8 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Why should I?   I am not the one creating such dumb labels.   I am simple an omnivore because genetics and hundreds of thousands of years of evolution.

So,because you are omnivore, you do not care how Flexitarian is defined?

Then why do you care I call myself most vegetarian?

20 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

I heard that if you suck on the meat or stick it in your behind,  you are still technically a vegetarian. 

38 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

Because vegetarian is a concept that exist.   

What the heck is "Most Vegetarian"?  Are you Maximum Vegetarianßsten?

5 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Because vegetarian is a concept that exist.   

What the heck is "Most Vegetarian"?  Are you Maximum Vegetarianßsten?

Concept can be created, right?

Flexitarian is created by someone this century I believe.

5 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

Concept can be created, right?

Flexitarian is created by someone this century I believe.

Yes sure, you are a flexitarian.  You are not a "Most Vegetarian", whatever that means.

2 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Yes sure, you are a flexitarian.  You are not a "Most Vegetarian", whatever that means.

You are omnivore, and do not care and cannot define flexitarian. How can you classify me into a category which you cannot even clearly define?

1 minute ago, SmurfLee said:

You are omnivore, and do not care and cannot define flexitarian. How can you classify me into a category which you cannot even clearly define?

My IQ is too low.   I am Most Stupid.

Ok, I think I am getting too spicy again.

I think no one meant ill.

Thanks a lot for all those helpful advice and ideas.

I think it is always very good thing to have some basic medical knowledge to monitor your body by yourself.

Minor changes in our bodies do not cause major health issues at once, but major health issues are often by accumulation of minor changes.

I think my dizziness is caused by combined factors, each is not at serious level, but when all happen together, I get this dizzy spells. Slightly low blood pressure, in morning probably I had low sugar if I did not have enough food previous evening, most of all low red blood cell related numbers. 

5 minutes ago, Krieg said:

My IQ is too low.   I am Most Stupid.

No, you are not stupid.

I was too spicy. Sorry.

No one in normal chatting would take care for precise wording and perfect logic. This is just normal chatting.

I was searching for bone in an egg, in Chinese saying.

8 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

I have been almost vegetarian for quite long time. The initiation was watching a video how animals are brutally butchered.

At almost all physical exams, red blood cell related items were always on the boundary, or slightly lower, and docs said it is ok, most women have this problem.

I had another physical exam last Oct. My doc told me I only need to eat more meat, chicken fish all ok, once a week is enough, no pills needed.

I think vegan life style does cause health problems in long term.

I don't like this dizzy feelings and unfit feelings.

I realize that once certain eating habit is installed, it demands much effort to make any change.

I have been almost vegetarian for quite a long time. My girlfriend is almost not pregnant. Do you mean you don't eat so much meat?