Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Something in meat that is not available from other food

134 posts in this topic

I guess I missed the question/request in the original post. That is normally why one starts a new thread. 

 

You felt dizzy.

 

Go to another doctor. The first one was wrong.

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hooperski said:

 

Is that because of their shoes?

 

Well, it isn’t the sole reason. 

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

Of course I saw doc last time, and he asked me to eat meat.

 

In that case I suggest you don't bother making a doctors appointment, you only ignore their advice so it would be a complete waist of their time and resources. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

 

Well, it isn’t the sole reason. 

 

Possibly not but she sounds like a right 'Mare'.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

This morning I felt dizzy again.

 

I checked iron components in food. Cashews are very high in iron, dark chocolates as well, almonds are quite high, tofu as well. These are foods I had for the last few weeks or so. Didn't eat any meet for more than a month.

The only reason I can think about is that meat has more than just iron that helps me not to feel dizzy.

 

Another thing I noticed is that if I eat meet my bp goes up by 10 or so and fluctuates around 100/68. If I do not eat meat it is around 90/60.

 

Maybe you're having your period? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading this thread made me dizzy, is there something in this thread that I can't find on other social media platforms?  Haven't been on other social media platforms in a month.

 

I must go lay down now.  
 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

 

I don’t know about threads, but long ago there used to be limits on how many posts (or what percentage of the total board posts) one person could make. Some people may want those rules to come back. 

 

Not that I want you to post more or less, just to answer your question with a bit of historical background. 

 

 

If it is restriction on amount of posts, I am sure it would have nothing to do with me. I believe I am under 25 quantile.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

This morning I felt dizzy again.

 

I checked iron components in food. Cashews are very high in iron, dark chocolates as well, almonds are quite high, tofu as well. These are foods I had for the last few weeks or so. Didn't eat any meet for more than a month.

The only reason I can think about is that meat has more than just iron that helps me not to feel dizzy.

 

Another thing I noticed is that if I eat meet my bp goes up by 10 or so and fluctuates around 100/68. If I do not eat meat it is around 90/60.

Did your MD run blood tests,  suggest  Holter Monitor/ 24 hour   Blood pressure readings? 

Perhaps ENT consult- Meniere's disease, ear infection?

So many possibilities,  and  ideas for your next thread?:rolleyes:

You do not need to eat meat to  get  iron , vitamins, minerals etc for your body.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

This morning I felt dizzy again.

 

I checked iron components in food. Cashews are very high in iron, dark chocolates as well, almonds are quite high, tofu as well. These are foods I had for the last few weeks or so. Didn't eat any meet for more than a month.

The only reason I can think about is that meat has more than just iron that helps me not to feel dizzy.

 

Another thing I noticed is that if I eat meet my bp goes up by 10 or so and fluctuates around 100/68. If I do not eat meat it is around 90/60.

 

100/68 is hardly high.  

 

My recommendation:   

 

Buy a small to medium sized piece of high quality steak.   

 

Cook it medium rare.

 

Prepare a salad.   

 

Do NOT indulge in  carbs, i.e.  rice, potatoes, bread, etc.   

 

Wash it down with water and possibly a small glass of red wine.  

 

Enjoy the meal.   

 

Problem solved.

 

Somehow, people became convinced that red meat is unhealthy when in reality, a steak once per week is basically health food. 

 

 

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Krieg said:

the point is that fish is a good source of the nutrients that a vegetarian/vegan diet lacks of, like vitamin B12, carnitine, carnisine, arserine, taurine, creatine, etc.

 

You forgot micro plastic that the fish eat from the ocean ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s the lack of B12 @SmurfLee. This is why vegans take B12 supplements. If you are low

on it, it will cause dizziness. 

 

5 hours ago, bramble said:

 

Yes, I'm a pescetarian and I eat fish about twice a week. Is it classed as meat, though?

 

In our family, our child is the only one who is pescetarian. Always fit and always recovers fast from any sickness. ? yes, fish is meat. Animal flesh is technically meat, except to Catholics who for some reason do not consider fish as meat. ?‍♀️

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been on my own for a while. I make different variations of tomato salad every evening when I'm not out eating with friends. I use fresh cooked asparagus, avocado, mozzarella or grated  Parmesan, mushrooms, etc. Last night I had steak tartar at a restaurant. I felt better today. I think it was lacking. Can't say for sure.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are all physically unique as is noted in numerous medical studies.  One can be an Ectomorph, the next and Endomorph and the third a Mesomorph. Regardless of which group one might belong, there are still uniqunesses to each individual in each group.  We are simply not the same.

Carbs do not do me well.  I am better off on days I do not exercise by eating veg, meat and fats (nuts and oils) and I eat meat (to include fish) everyday.  For some, that might seem odd, but it works for me.

Smurflee, I go to a Heilpraktiker once a year to have me blood tested, because it's cheaper and my Heilpraktiker is a really down to earth guy. We discuss each and every item on the results - yes, line-by-bloody-line.  I feel it really helpful (more so than my Hausarzt) and it helps me adjust where I need to.

Also, Vegans need B12 and Iron supplements.  And while I do not wish to start a heat debate Veganism, there is new research that long terms Vergans are experiencing health issues.  Not all, mind, but quite a large number.  A very good mate of mine and his GF are Vegans and we respect each other's life style choices.  I respect the basis for veganism, but I do worry about the long-term health matters.

Smurflee, see another physician or go to a heilpraktiker. 

 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a very simple person. My body sends me messages and I listen. 

„ I need a cheese sandwich with tomato and NO mayonnaise today. „

Can be the other way around tomorrow.

Everybody has their own realities.

Experts make money with their advice- fair enough.

Does it suit your body messages? YOURS?

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BayrischDude said:

Also, Vegans need B12 and Iron supplements.  And while I do not wish to start a heat debate Veganism, there is new research that long terms Vergans are experiencing health issues.  Not all, mind, but quite a large number.  A very good mate of mine and his GF are Vegans and we respect each other's life style choices.  I respect the basis for veganism, but I do worry about the long-term health matters.

 

I have been almost vegetarian for quite long time. The initiation was watching a video how animals are brutally butchered.

At almost all physical exams, red blood cell related items were always on the boundary, or slightly lower, and docs said it is ok, most women have this problem.

I had another physical exam last Oct. My doc told me I only need to eat more meat, chicken fish all ok, once a week is enough, no pills needed.

I think vegan life style does cause health problems in long term.

I don't like this dizzy feelings and unfit feelings.

I realize that once certain eating habit is installed, it demands much effort to make any change.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

 

I have been almost vegetarian for quite long time. The initiation was watching a video how animals are brutally butchered.

 

 

 

You do realise that they will still be killed if you eat meat or dont eat it.... 

 

"Almost vegitarian"...?  Is that the same as being "A little bit pregnant" ?    Either you are... or you arent..

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

"Almost vegitarian"...?  Is that the same as being "A little bit pregnant" ?    Either you are... or you arent..

 

You keep proving how such idiot one can be.

Almost vegetarian means, in some occasions, such as parties, I did eat meat. I did not want to give the host difficult time by telling I do not eat certain food. I tried to appear as enjoying every food at parties.

Most conference meals have vegetarian food section, or at least you can have bread and salad to avoid meat. But when I am with colleagues, and we are together in certain food section, I did not want to be too eye catching by having my plate too empty.

 

After all, the reason for being a vegetarian is not religious, so can be more flexible.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

 

You do realise that they will still be killed if you eat meat or dont eat it... 

 

 

Yes and no. The same could really be said about anything. You do realize that bestiality porn will be produced, even if you don’t watch it, for example. 

 

I assume the production of anything will decrease when demand subsides. 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

 

You keep proving how such idiot one can be.

Almost vegetarian means, in some occasions, such as parties, I did eat meat. I did not want to give the host difficult time by telling I do not eat certain food. I tried to appear as enjoying every food at parties.

Most conference meals have vegetarian food section, or at least you can have bread and salad to avoid meat. But when I am with colleagues, and we are together in certain food section, I did not want to be too eye catching by having my plate too empty.

 

After all, the reason for being a vegetarian is not religious, so can be more flexible.

 

If you eat meat you are not a vegetarian.

 

I know this girl who has sex only once a year.  I guess she is still a virgin.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0