übergabeprotokoll changed after signing

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

We have a problem, we had a übergabeprotokollon recently. the agent was happy, and i signed the document stating all was i.o (in ordnung) and i took a pic of it (agent dint sign in the picture) .

but to our shock we received a document with stated n.i.o (nicht in ordnung) and many comments added to the same documents which i had already signed. 

it looks like they are trying to put the whole renovation cost of house on us. 

1. is our photos legally enough to claim that we are not responsible for extra things added?

2. we had a German neighbour who helped us and was present for übergabeprotokollon, will her statement hold any good? 

Did they know you took a pic? I guess they could try to say that you rigged up your own Übergabeprotokoll and wrote i.o. on it to take a pic or is it clear that it's the same one and has been changed? They also should have had you initial any comments on it so it's clear they can't add more later. The testimony of the neighbor will help.  I'd say go to a lawyer or the Mieterverein or even just straight to police. It's a forged document after all.

Thank you for your reply.

The agent know that we took pictures and it can be clearly seen that things have been added to the same page. 

81B0C67B-7E7F-43CC-AC75-755EAFA07B61.jpeg

Disgusting. Glad you had the presence of mind to take the photo.

Yes, in the first instance I would pay a visit to the police and see what they say. You might find a lawyer would be superfluous if they go round for a chat. Who are these vile people? DOGS.

I agree.

Go to the police and say that they have altered the document (is this also forgery?) and are effectively trying to blackmail you into paying them.

I think it is excellent that you had the foresight to take a photo.

If this is actually true... then go to the police and make an Anzeige against the landlord for attempted extrortion... (SP) ... 

It's already been said thrice, I'll say it too. Go to the police asap. And go to the Mietverein too. They might not be able to represent you in court, but at lease you might get a consultation for free. They might even be able to send a strongly worded letter on your behalf.

What an asshole landlord. And not very smart either. As if it's not obvious the "n"s have been added in front of the "i.O"s quite nachträglich. I hope this twat has to pay so much in court costs. This is plain criminal. So glad you took pictures and had a witness.

27 minutes ago, generalmartok said:

I hope this twat has to pay so much in court costs.

That's the very least we can wish him.

14 hours ago, Kannadiga said:

We have a problem, we had a übergabeprotokollon recently. the agent was happy, and i signed the document stating all was i.o (in ordnung) and i took a pic of it (agent dint sign in the picture) .

There is a thing I do not understand:

You moved out of a rented house, right?

In that case you should have gotten a handover certificate signed by the landlord to be put into your files, so you can fend off any future monkey business.

Not getting this document  for your files leaves you empty handed, and giving him something signed by you opened the door for him to try to rip you off.

On the other hand, you have a witness and the photographs so I'd say that the chances are very good to fend off this blatant fraud attempt.

Good luck.

Thank you all for your reply. 

I am going to write to my landlord and depending on the reply plan my next move. I will update once I have this solved.