Schufa has no score/data for me, effect on flat hunting? [profanity warning]

111 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, meingott said:

@AlexTr Look - the only German public institution I have to deal with is the Finanzamt, and I'm fully registered with it with a normal address.

I have official letters from the Finanzamt to a German address in my name, and I have a full reference by a German landlord in my name.

Schufa accepts -only- the anmeldung unfortunately, therefore I gave a UK address for it.

In regards to bona fide - my bank account history is well enough proof, which I will provide to any new landlord as well.

@franklan So you say I'm an "ILLEGAL RESIDENT" even if I pay my taxes as intented? Who will apprehend me and why, and where, and for what reason?

Right, but you have no interaction with banks or other credit establishing institutions in Germany. When I first moved here and registered, I got a bank account at DB, which does report to Schufa, but because I had not been registered here for two consecutive quarters using that account, they did not report. My wife had to co-sign my first contract for a mobile phone here. This is very standard credit extending policy. You are like a child to the German system. You have no references. They are not interested in the UK because the UK credit institutions do not report to them.

Which German bank allowed you an account without a registration?

Simply put, you can continue to get angry with us for telling you the truth. It's still the truth.

4 minutes ago, meingott said:

So you say I'm an "ILLEGAL RESIDENT" even if I pay my taxes as intented?

Yes.

The only shite you've done so far is setting up a VAT-number. There is quite a little bit more to do.

@franklan you're continuously explicitly insulting me without any fucking reason.

The only thing I want is to live in Germany but not have to deal with ANY of this fucking nonsense because I DON'T NEED IT.

I don't need contracts, I don't need insurance, jobcenter, pension, NOTHING.

I pay my taxes as intended, my bank account is full, I pay rent in time.

Hell, I can also pay many months in advance to have peace of mind.

Now, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG with German landlords and it is MANDATORY to get into this orwellian nightmare?

@AlexTr the thing is that you're not telling me any truth at all!

I want to know what's the exact problem in my case and you give bullshit answers, sorry.

So let's try this scenario:

5 years in germany, every year paying taxes as intended, not working, not dealing with any other german institution at all except the finanzamt.
- WHAT will I encounter as a problem?

It's a clear question, and I expect a clear answer.

Just now, meingott said:

It's a clear question, and I expect a clear answer.

You can expect all you want. I don't break the law in Germany or any place else, so I have no idea what you can expect. You're breaking the law in Germany. We're all telling you the same thing. Are you five years-old? Who are you to expect help when you're acting like such an impudent toddler?

Okay, no matter how much clear I make it the answer is one - "YOU'RE BREAKING THE GERMAN LAW! YOU'RE AN OUTLAW!"

This is the exact fucking mentality I'm so disgusted of. Never in my life I have encountered this massive hivemind and it's completely appalling.

Anywhere you go out of Germany, you can expect clear answers to that question. Someone who knows will exactly tell you. Or, if not known, they will answer I DO NOT KNOW!
You are "breaking the law", but WHAT ARE THE REPRECURSIONS? AND WHY? Because honestly, I do not see any ripoff or anyone being worse anywhere else due to my refusal to do an anmeldung.

Here you can only expect one answer - YOU'RE AN OUTLAW! JUST BECAUSE! No intellectual humility, EVER.

Just to give an example - I know from VERY VALID sources that yes, it's "illegal" to not have a health insurance, HOWEVER, NO ONE WILL DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

I'm so done with this shit

2 minutes ago, meingott said:

I know from VERY VALID sources that yes, it's "illegal" to not have a health insurance, HOWEVER, NO ONE WILL DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

And did your valid resource explain to you who will pay your medical bills if you get hit by a bus??

Doesn't matter how much money you have. The laws are the laws.

There's a law that states that if you live in Germany, you must register at an address, see  https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bmg/BJNR108410013.html   I don't know what the consequences are for not doing it if you get caught.  It is probably just a fine.  As a tourist, you can stay in Germany for up to 3 months without registering.

Having health insurance approved by German authorities is also mandatory, see  https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/sgb_5/BJNR024820988.html   Although you say you don't need it because you already have insurance in other countries, it's still the law.  Of course you don't plan to get sick or have an accident but if it happens who's going to pay for it?  Is your foreign insurance going to cover it?  Are you sure?  And if not, the German hospital will send you a bill and if you can't pay, it ends up with the tax payers eventually.

So you can say the law is stupid or ask why it is the way it is.  We can't answer that.  Just that it is.  None of us can change that.

13 minutes ago, meingott said:

You are "breaking the law", but WHAT ARE THE REPRECURSIONS? AND WHY?

I don’t really care what you do or don’t do, but obviously you are already experiencing what those repercussions could be, such as no proof of prior German residence to show potential landlords. 

Please watch your dirty mouth. Some of us don’t appreciate the fact that society as a whole has dropped to such a low niveau. 

Sheesh. I remember when gosh darnit was borderline blasphemy. 

16 minutes ago, meingott said:

I'm so done with this shit

Image result for well bye gif

Not registering is an Ordnungswidrigkeit (offence) according to the Bundesmeldegesetz for which you may be fined: 

§ 54 - Bundesmeldegesetz (BMG)

(3) Die Ordnungswidrigkeit kann in den Fällen der Absätze 1 und 2 Nummer 12 und 13 mit einer Geldbuße bis zu fünfzigtausend Euro und in den übrigen Fällen mit einer Geldbuße bis zu tausend Euro geahndet werden.

What changed in the past hour that makes you want to delete your replies now?  

3 hours ago, meingott said:

I finally got my Schufa but it has no score/data as they  couldn't find anything about me.

The address I provided is a UK address.

Will this have implication in flat searching / landlords not trusting my Schufa?

Your perceived ridicule aside, to answer your initial question...

No Schufa record can hinder your search for accommodation and, landlords may not trust you.  Depending on on where you are searching for accommodation, it is very common for landlords to receive several tenancy applications.  Those without the usual legal and other prerequisites are likely to be unsuccessful. 

Of the replies that you have received so far, all quoted legalities are valid. 

OP you might not be interested but in registering with the Finanzamt you've created a very official paper trail as to when you moved to Germany so don't worry, once the health insurance people get wind of this you'll soon have a Schufa score, albeit one that you won't want and won't help you.

My tip:

Sod off back to UK, quickly.

So from his other posts he has been living here on and off as a freelancer for UK clients.  So not registered here, no health insurance but has done stuff with the Finanzamt tax wise.  Surely he would have been better off just being taxed etc in the UK, and just being here as a frequent visitor and covered by EHIC.  Why did he do this weird halfway house stuff?