Schufa has no score/data for me, effect on flat hunting? [profanity warning]

111 posts in this topic

I finally got my Schufa but it has no score/data as they  couldn't find anything about me.

The address I provided is a UK address.

Will this have implication in flat searching / landlords not trusting my Schufa?

Do you have other documentation rom UK- maybe letter from previous landlord, ?   No credit history in Germany- no Schufa score.  But, at least it does not show a bad score!

I do have a reference from a previous German landlord here, that should be fine. I can also get many more from other UK landlords, would that be better? e.g. 1 letter showing 5 years of clean history.

I want to make the perfect application - I can produce these papers and my paychecks have strong numbers

You are in Germany since when? 

Why don't you get a schufa record with your German address?

Just some months.

I have no german address / no anmeldung :)

If the schufa with the UK address works then Why should I?

7 minutes ago, meingott said:

Just some months.

I have no german address / no anmeldung

Let me guess: No German Health Insurance either...

of course not :) why should I pay 300 euros per month?

I have health coverage in other countries.

Can you both explain Why the lack of anmeldung is a problem? At all?

For the record I am not working FullTime / regular employee and neither intend to do so, ever, while in Germany.

OP- you do know that you need to get German Health insurance by 3 months?   form/letter from the NHS   will assist , but you may have gone past 3 months?

Read my post and think again. I don't care about the insurance stuff, can you reply in regards to the ANMELDUNG?

As I said I don't intend to work for any company in Germany.

If you are living in Germany, Anmeldung is a requirement. ( Do use TT search on this, or just Google, or check UK Website).

Whether you work, live off savings, are pensioners, this is a legal requirement.

Landlords will usually require a copy of this document.

If you need medical assistance, end up in Emergency, you will start to care that you have no German Health coverage.

But, good luck anyway!

I expect a valid and justified answer as to what is the exact problem given my case which is unusual.

I'm really tired hearing "oh you should have XYZ in germany because everyone says so" - it's scare tactics without any valid rationale.

Sure. Just tell us your name and where you're staying. Someone will come help you sort this out.

ETA: That "I expect" thing is about as precious as it can get.

6 minutes ago, meingott said:

I expect a valid and justified answer as to what is the exact problem given my case which is unusual.

I'm really tired hearing "oh you should have XYZ in germany because everyone says so" - it's scare tactics without any valid rationale.

Check the UK Gov. website on moving to  and living in Germany.  These are not folk tales- but legal requirements.

Check Germany website,  Info For Aliens on  what you need to live in Germany.

You may well fly under the radar for some time, but  life usually catches up with you. You came on here asking for advice, and  renting  does involve  other  checks by landlords.   I would never rent to a new arrival  who has not registered.

1 minute ago, meingott said:

Your case isn't unusual, this forum has idiots like you one a monthly base: Living in Germany and haven't done anything that is required, Registration and Health insurance.

Be aware that

a.) it is mandatory to be in a German Health Insurance

b.) most of the people on this forum are in a German Health insurance

So, you're basically trying to get hints from people who pay into a system that you're trying to rip off.

@franklan are you out of your mind? WHAT exactly am I trying to rip off?

Did I say I'm interested in German benefits? Jobcenter? Pension? Health insurance?

I am NOT INTERESTED AT ALL!

Again you come back saying "You should do it because it is MANDATORY". Mandatory WHY? For the above reasons yes of course, but I'm NOT INTERESTED in any of them!!! Is it THAT complicated to comprehend?

So I will ask again - given that I'm not interested in any of these, WHAT is the exact problem with me not having an anmeldung?

You have no official record of being in Germany so you cannot have a report of your financial bona fides in Germany. It's not rocket science.

2 minutes ago, meingott said:

I am NOT INTERESTED AT ALL!

And that exactly is your problem...

There are laws, some of them are different than in the UK.

a.) You have to be registered when you live in Germany.

b.) You have to have a German Health insurance.

c.) I am not out of my mind.

d.) Your current status is "Illegal resident".

e.) Position a.) to d.) even applies when you're not interested.

@AlexTr Look - the only German public institution I have to deal with is the Finanzamt, and I'm fully registered with it with a normal address.

I have official letters from the Finanzamt to a German address in my name, and I have a full reference by a German landlord in my name.

Schufa accepts -only- the anmeldung unfortunately, therefore I gave a UK address for it.

In regards to bona fide - my bank account history is well enough proof, which I will provide to any new landlord as well.

@franklan So you say I'm an "ILLEGAL RESIDENT" even if I pay my taxes as intented? Who will apprehend me and why, and where, and for what reason?