Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tax Returns

7 posts in this topic

Hi i have question i plan to go to a Lohnsteuerhilfe for help with my tax returns.

I am interested to know what kind of documents and information are usually required for this. I tried finding it on line but since my German is basic i was unsuccessful. I am aware that i can probably ask when i visit Lohnsteuerhilfe but i just want a head start and have things prepared as much as possible  especially if it turns out they don't speak English.

Ty

8 hours ago, Anto P said:

Hi i have question i plan to go to a Lohnsteuerhilfe for help with my tax returns.

I am interested to know what kind of documents and information are usually required for this. I tried finding it on line but since my German is basic i was unsuccessful. I am aware that i can probably ask when i visit Lohnsteuerhilfe but i just want a head start and have things prepared as much as possible  especially if it turns out they don't speak English.

Ty

It depends on what you want to claim. 

16 hours ago, Anto P said:

I am interested to know what kind of documents and information are usually required for this

did you file anywhere last year?

22 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

It depends on what you want to claim. 

all the free moneys i can get xD

15 hours ago, catjones said:

no i had no idea i could do that until this year.

btw. can someone recommend a English speaking  Lohnsteuerhilfe in Bonn / Königswinter . i can speak "street" German well enough but when they start talking bureaucracy speak i get a headache. xD

5 hours ago, Anto P said:
20 hours ago, catjones said:

no i had no idea i could do that until this year.

So you've Never filed a tax return anywhere in the world?  This is your first?

Hey man, it's in Koln but you can go to this place

https://isar-koeln.de/ueber-uns/

They speak a bunch of languges, including English. Just ask for whatever language you want. You pay 80 or 90€ don't really recall for the declaration and it takes 10-15 minutes. They will also tell you what is and isn't admissable in your returns to maximize them.

100% recommend.