Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Forum explanation please

22 posts in this topic

Would somebody please explain - "74 topics in this forum" followed by "There are no topics in this forum yet".

What am I missing?

forum.jpg

Probably a bug that doesn't reset the counter when obsolete posts are removed. This used to be set to automatic removal after 3 months of inactivity, but I'm not sure about the current settings.

Nationwide -> Employment offered says "25 topics", too, although there's only one active right now. Likewise, Nationwide -> Employment wanted says "12 topics", but only one's still active.

Another forum explanation, please. I can access TT with my smartphone carrier, but not through my home ISP provider. Any ideas?

ETA Vodafone problem. 4 or 5 sites not available right now including amazon prime. I guess it's to the phone for me.

I see that my posts are disappearing... what a coingkidink...

vellma.JPG.36439ad0fe412fb2bddde81929fd8

@tor I can see a couple of posts of yours that were removed recently.  

The older ones, if I had to guess, looked like they were just pointlessly snarky for no good reason, could be that they were reported, I don't know.

The more recent ones were probably removed simply for being mod complaints in the wrong spot... and you know this, mannnn

4 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

@tor I can see a couple of posts of yours that were removed recently.  

The older ones, if I had to guess, looked like they were just pointlessly snarky for no good reason, could be that they were reported, I don't know.

The more recent ones were probably removed simply for being mod complaints in the wrong spot... and you know this, mannnn

But Tor ffs.  Like weird.  Compared to the other stuff posted way off the scale stuff.

I get a blue line to mark the start of posts in a thread I haven't read yet.   ETA: that doesn't sound right.  it's always in a thread I have been reading, but at the start of the posts I have not yet read.

or at least that's what I always thought it was for :)

either way, congratulations on your growing family, spidey! 

20 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

But Tor ffs.  Like weird.  Compared to the other stuff posted way off the scale stuff.

10k greenies if I could

2 hours ago, snowingagain said:

I gotta say, tor's posts - even the snarky ones - are pretty mild.

(And mercifully short!)

16 hours ago, snowingagain said:

13 hours ago, Metall said:

I gotta say, tor's posts - even the snarky ones - are pretty mild.

(And mercifully short!)

what they said

16 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

The more recent ones were probably removed simply for being mod complaints in the wrong spot.

What about off topic conspiracy theories all over the place?

what about them?

I told you, I don't know if the thing was reported or what.  I do my best to cough up an explanation from admin's side and get whatabouted to death, which is actually also annoying in all contexts.  What about that we DON'T READ ALL POSTS?  What about that some posts get reported but most of you choose to argue with and insult conspiracy theorists rather than report them?  What about that what one mod sees fit to delete, the other doesn't?  What about that we are talking about some of Tor's posts being removed and not how literally every other post wasn't? 

jesus.

Good points. Sorry. Knee jerk posts never turn out well.

Reminds me of a Byron Katie quote:

When I argue with reality, reality wins.  But only every time.

1 hour ago, dessa_dangerous said:

What about that we are talking about some of Tor's posts being removed and not how literally every other post wasn't? 

because people like me. :lol:

I was looking for the dumb questions thread and it's gone.

Now what?

I really want to know whether getting an old hp 1010 printer sent in the post is likely to end in tears, and there's nowhere to ask now. Sheesh. It was a Useful Thread.