Expert evaluation for signature forgery

46 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, BayrischDude said:

Some courts and countries do not even recognise forensic handwriting (graphology) as a science.

Well, then they haven't been through the checkout lane...Smurff, take your copies to your local shopping market.  They'll do it for free.  100% guaranteed.

7 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Yes same here, even worse on those devices the packet delivery companies use where you sign using your finger mine invariable comes out looking like an X.^_^

For my work, we do a lot of machine learning or artificial intelligence.

At least in research, deep learning algorithms are developed to identify signature forgeries. Though I do not apply machine learning or deep learning in forensic field, I can easily imagine the application of such methods in signature forgery identification must be very successful.

Yes, it is correct no 2 signatures from the same person can be exactly same (and if they are same, the second one can be suspected as forgery with good reason), but there are features in your signatures that do not change, are consistent all time. The features are not something that you can see directly from your signature, but are some abstract level of features. I believe this gives very high accuracy for signature forgery identification. But just do not know if this is already implanted in practice.

I contacted some lawyers to ask them if they would be interested in my case.

All told me that I need to pay for expert evaluation for signature forgery myself first and if it is decided as forgery, I can get back all my cost.

If the signature is decided as forgery, the one who forged the signature has to pay for all the cost involved.

So the question becomes how well with how much confidence can expert conclude if a signature is forged.

One of my colleagues has a fiancee whose father is inheritance lawyer. My colleague asked the soon to be father in law last weekend, and was told that the conclusion from expert evaluation is well likely yes or no. I think this makes sense, considering how heavily the whole society is depending on signatures. If signature forgery can be so easy, and the identification is so poor, the society more or less would be in chaos.

I decided to go for expert evaluation for signature forgery. The forgery is so obvious even in my eyes. It is a very poor forgery. He never thought I would go through such trouble and risk of losing trunk of money to go for expert evaluation, and I am going to give him big surprise.

1 hour ago, SmurfLee said:

I contacted some lawyers to ask them if they would be interested in my case.

All told me that I need to pay for expert evaluation for signature forgery myself first and if it is decided as forgery, I can get back all my cost.

If the signature is decided as forgery, the one who forged the signature has to pay for all the cost involved.

So the question becomes how well with how much confidence can expert conclude if a signature is forged.

One of my colleagues has a fiancee whose father is inheritance lawyer. My colleague asked the soon to be father in law last weekend, and was told that the conclusion from expert evaluation is well likely yes or no. I think this makes sense, considering how heavily the whole society is depending on signatures. If signature forgery can be so easy, and the identification is so poor, the society more or less would be in chaos.

I decided to go for expert evaluation for signature forgery. The forgery is so obvious even in my eyes. It is a very poor forgery. He never thought I would go through such trouble and risk of losing trunk of money to go for expert evaluation, and I am going to give him big surprise.

Very interesting, please keep us updated on how it goes.

Regarding society in chaos. I disagree and if you think about it signatures are no longer the primary means of identification. Online banking, online purchase, ATMs for cash all use alternate methods. Even purchases with EC/credit cards are less often available with a signature (which in addition can be compared to the one on the card) and over the counter cash from the bank usually requires photo ID. Furthermore Important legal documents (wills, house purchase etc.) usually need the signature to be witnessed and/or Notarised.

So what was it that had your forged signature, I can only think of a paper Überweisung???

44 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Very interesting, please keep us updated on how it goes.

Regarding society in chaos. I disagree and if you think about it signatures are no longer the primary means of identification. Online banking, online purchase, ATMs for cash all use alternate methods. Even purchases with EC/credit cards are less often available with a signature (which in addition can be compared to the one on the card) and over the counter cash from the bank usually requires photo ID. Furthermore Important legal documents (wills, house purchase etc.) usually need the signature to be witnessed and/or Notarised.

So what was it that had your forged signature, I can only think of a paper Überweisung???

Yes, there are many other ways of presenting as evidence of approval, consent or agreement on certain things.

But still many documents require signatures, and if it is not involving such huge amount of money as wills or houses, we do not need witnesses.

In my case, it is 2 documents, one is giving the person to release my information to third party, the other is agreement on a payment.

Both are forged. I contacted over 50 lawyers, a few responded with interest. I chose one of them who seems very methodical, and energetic.