Expert evaluation for signature forgery

46 posts in this topic

Thou hast a perpetual invitation to fornicate thyself with a quill pen, thou whoreson obscene greasy tallow catch.

43 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Jeffo, you speak American old boy, not Shakespeare.

Though OP Shakespeare has much in common with some US  accents than the like of Laurence Olivier RP strangled style.

@El Jeffo Lest thee f'rget, not being am'rican nev'r stops yond malt-worm from commenting on the US, so wherefore shouldst being am'rican stand ho thee from spouting shakespearean text?

The government forensic lab I used had a handwriting division.  I think over the years a very, very small percentage of results ended with Person A authored / wrote the questioned document / signature.

It was more often than not:

Indications Person A authored...
Limited indications
Inconclusive
Indications Person A did not...
Limited indications did not...

It is a problematic area to gather enough examplars of a suspect to test.  Reason being...was the person sitting or standing?  Temperature effects the person at the time of the questioned writing so that has to be taken into account when obtaining exemplars.  Near the exact type of pen or pencil or whatever used. Is the person ambidextrous.  In order to offer a lab suitable exemplars, the investigator needs to near on have the person mimic so many variables...  near on impossible.

Some courts and countries do not even recognise forensic handwriting (graphology) as a science.

Does anybody else have the problem that their signature changes everytime they sign something? Mine is never the same. I couldn´t even forge my own one...

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

Thou hast a perpetual invitation to fornicate thyself with a quill pen, thou whoreson obscene greasy tallow catch.

Ah, Jeffo has found that "Swear like Shakespeare" web app! More copy pasting! :lol: You're nicked son!

Wherefore thee thread is quicken like a barber's chair that fits all buttocks, the pin buttock, the quatch buttock, the brawn buttock, the bored buttock, the conspiracist buttock, the unpregnant buttock, any buttock and I hath the biggest buttock of thee all.

Settle down, Lavender! It´s THY thread not THEE thread! I´m much older than you!

:P

Mind you...unpregnant buttock...that´s cool!

:lol:

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

@El Jeffo Lest thee f'rget, not being am'rican nev'r stops yond malt-worm from commenting on the US, so wherefore shouldst being am'rican stand ho thee from spouting shakespearean text?

" shouldeth " being am´rican, Alex. Please keep up with the  times!

:D

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
artless base-court apple-john
bawdy bat-fowling baggage
beslubbering beef-witted barnacle
bootless beetle-headed bladder
churlish boil-brained boar-pig
cockered clapper-clawed bugbear
clouted clay-brained bum-bailey
craven common-kissing canker-blossom
currish crook-pated clack-dish
dankish dismal-dreaming clotpole
dissembling dizzy-eyed coxcomb
droning doghearted codpiece
errant dread-bolted death-token
fawning earth-vexing dewberry
fobbing elf-skinned flap-dragon
froward fat-kidneyed flax-wench
frothy fen-sucked flirt-gill
gleeking flap-mouthed foot-licker
goatish fly-bitten fustilarian
gorbellied folly-fallen giglet
impertinent fool-born gudgeon
infectious full-gorged haggard
jarring guts-griping harpy
loggerheaded half-faced hedge-pig
lumpish hasty-witted horn-beast
mammering hedge-born hugger-mugger
mangled hell-hated joithead
mewling idle-headed lewdster
paunchy ill-breeding lout
pribbling ill-nurtured maggot-pie
puking knotty-pated malt-worm
puny milk-livered mammet
qualling motley-minded measle
rank onion-eyed minnow
reeky plume-plucked miscreant
roguish pottle-deep moldwarp
ruttish pox-marked mumble-news
saucy reeling-ripe nut-hook
spleeny rough-hewn pigeon-egg
spongy rude-growing pignut
surly rump-fed puttock
tottering shard-borne pumpion
unmuzzled sheep-biting ratsbane
vain spur-galled scut
venomed swag-bellied skainsmate
villainous tardy-gaited strumpet
warped tickle-brained varlet
wayward toad-spotted vassal
weedy unchin-snouted whey-face
yeasty weather-bitten wagtail

Here they are, ready for the copy-pasters.

As for poor Jeffo, being an American and even worse, from Berkeley, maybe he has the wrong Bard:

Image result for bart simpson

Column 2..wonder what common-kissing is! Kissing a  " common " man/woman or kissing on a common? ( Fields and stuff )!!!

The other words are, of course, in common use!

:D

8 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Here they are, ready for the copy-pasters.

As for poor Jeffo, being an American and even worse, from Berkeley, maybe he has the wrong Bard:

Image result for bart simpson

5cf94fb4ce2e0_conspiracytheories.jpeg.f0

10 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

166DB7AE-04A6-46B5-B6BD-1915E2893EF5.png

Is that SpiderPig´s house?

By the way, just wondering how difficult this thread is turning out for SmurfLee? The modern English language ...followed by the Shakespeare stuff.. when was that? If memory serves me right, post-Thatcher?

13 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

166DB7AE-04A6-46B5-B6BD-1915E2893EF5.png

Now that's actually brilliant, for an American. Me likey.

3 hours ago, BayrischDude said:

The government forensic lab I used had a handwriting division.  I think over the years a very, very small percentage of results ended with Person A authored / wrote the questioned document / signature.

It was more often than not:

Indications Person A authored...
Limited indications
Inconclusive
Indications Person A did not...
Limited indications did not...

It is a problematic area to gather enough examplars of a suspect to test.  Reason being...was the person sitting or standing?  Temperature effects the person at the time of the questioned writing so that has to be taken into account when obtaining exemplars.  Near the exact type of pen or pencil or whatever used. Is the person ambidextrous.  In order to offer a lab suitable exemplars, the investigator needs to near on have the person mimic so many variables...  near on impossible.

Some courts and countries do not even recognise forensic handwriting (graphology) as a science.

Then, aren't our whole system heavily depends on signatures. Aren't nowadays every thing requires signature?

i see in crime documentary, the conclusion is decisive, 0/1.

4 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

Then, aren't our whole system heavily depends on signatures. Aren't nowadays every thing requires signature?

i see in crime documentary, the conclusion is decisive, 0/1.

I disagree Given the difficulties in reliably proving who actually signed something, particularly on a document clearly not written/completed by the signatory,  and the ease of copying a signature which can vary for all the reasons described previously or even producing a perfect copy from an electronic signature. That works both ways, you may not be able to prove forgery but a forger won't be able to prove it is genuine. I can't believe the onus of proof is on you or that any court would accept a contested signature, without a witness to the signing or other collaborative evidence, as valid.

Having said that I am not a lawyer and common sense is not always legal sense.

8 hours ago, john g. said:

Does anybody else have the problem that their signature changes everytime they sign something? Mine is never the same. I couldn´t even forge my own one...

Yes same here, even worse on those devices the packet delivery companies use where you sign using your finger mine invariable comes out looking like an X.^_^