unemployment benefit

89 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Will this really work? 

As far as I am aware they own property (with a low mortgage) so the Job center will take that into consideration when deciding on their case. If they have a lot of equity in their property then they would not be entitled to support.

It is not that bad.  Basically the size of the property is the important thing.  If the size is reasonable then you are allowed to keep your property, even while receiving ALG-2.    They would even pay the interest of the mortgage, the land tax and utilities.

For a family of 4 the max size is 120m2, for 3 is 100m2 and for 2 is 80m2.  If it is a house the size of the piece of land is important as well, 500m2 in urban area and 800m2 in rural area.

And then this does not apply if one of the residents is handicapped.  Which the OP seems to be.   The issue would be if she is legally handicapped.

Anyone know who pays the Krankenkassenbeiträge during the 3 month waiting period?

TK says:

https://www.tk.de/techniker/leistungen-und-mitgliedschaft/versicherung/wenn-sie-arbeitslos-sind/wie-bin-ich-waehrend-einer-sperrzeit-versichert-2005728

Die Beiträge zur Kranken- und Pflegeversicherung übernimmt die Agentur für Arbeit für Sie - auch dann, wenn Sie am Anfang Ihrer Arbeitslosigkeit wegen einer Sperrzeit kein Arbeitslosengeld erhalten.

So with the exception of when you get an Abfindung, it seems as simple as it being paid for by the Argentur für Arbeit.

I find it remarkable that someone can work for 41 years and 44 years and not have any savings.

See: the United States of America.

Savings to the majority of Americans is like a toothbrush to a Scot. Heard of it, never needed it.

We had savings but what we didn't know was that my husbands ex friend and boss was going to dump all over him to save his own arse. Result job loss using Brexit as an excuse. Nor have we know an estate agent tell so many lies causing us to use our savings to restore the property.  Nor did we know that when I went for the MRI I was going to be given such life changing news. To top it up there was an error made with our benefits and we still have no money although it's on the way. We are selling the property now its renovated, recover our savings and buy a small place to cater for any disabilities I may have in the near future. On top of this my niece has just taken her own life after she ended up in a similar situation after becoming a wheelchair user with no help. Some people are just cruel. I honestly did not know the unemployment system and asked for advice

On ‎11‎.‎06‎.‎2019‎ ‎14‎:‎07‎:‎24, zwiebelfisch said:

So with the exception of when you get an Abfindung, it seems as simple as it being paid for by the Argentur für Arbeit.

On the other hand, an Aufhebungsvertrag with Abfindung does not necessarily  lead to a Sperrzeit, if you know what your doing and the employer is cooperative: When the Aufhebungsvertrag with Abfindung states that a regular Kündigung by the employer is imminent when the Aufhebungsvertrag doesn't get signed by the employee you've got a way out of Sperrzeit.

But have a lawyer check that, before you sign anything. 

Been there, done that.

43 minutes ago, annieb8822 said:

We had savings but what we didn't know was that my husbands ex friend and boss was going to dump all over him to save his own arse. 

How are they related? Savings and having a terrible ex friend and boss are not really related. 

I do hope it works out for you though.

12 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

How are they related? Savings and having a terrible ex friend and boss are not really related. 

I do hope it works out for you though.

They do if you invest your savings on a future that your friend/boss has promised you, then screws you out of. 

11 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

They do if you invest your savings on a future that your friend/boss has promised you, then screws you out of. 

Then it is an investment.

Just now, RenegadeFurther said:

Then it is an investment.

Based on promises from and faith in a friend who is actually in the position to make it happen. 

3 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

Based on promises from and faith in a friend who is actually in the position to make it happen. 

I am talking about savings, not an investment opportunitiy which they might or might not have had.

I always thought the rule of thumb was to have 3 months savings in a bank account and to leave well alone.

and if that happened to you, you’d just say, “oops. Bad investment?”

Hell no, you’d have the police storm your ex-boss’s house. 

1 minute ago, A.N.Other said:

and if that happened to you, you’d just say, “oops. Bad investment?”

I'm glad you said it. I couldn't help but think how unempathetic his response was.

In a wise world, we would all have sufficient savings/ at least 3 months, to cover  job loss/health crisis etc.   However, life is not always so ordered.

Easy with hindsight to realise   a bad investment, overspending, etc.  Bad things happen, unexpected crises occur.

OP- best wishes and hope your lives  start  making sense and getting easier.

1 hour ago, A.N.Other said:

The story you are talking about had a very interesting ending with a little twist.

35 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

The story you are talking about had a very interesting ending with a little twist.

Go on. Did they raid Angie’s office?

9 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

Go on. Did they raid Angie’s office?

*lols* :D

Always take a witness to interviews when asking for benefits. After being told that a payment was on the way all we got was a demand for information already given.

During another interview from Miss high and mighty she referred constantly to my husbands age, implied that actually driving for a total of 6 hours a day for work was fine, implied that he had no right to be here and told him that he had not supplied the information required. He has, twice already.

The more that he proved that he has done exactly as asked the more irritated she became.

His ex employer has to reply to a letter. he´s been asked 3 times and still not replied. Until he does we can not have a cent. Now we have borrowed some money to go and see this guy.

Again she informed my husband that he was too old to be unemployed and that he should just retire or go back to the uk.. She did not like being reminded that at the moment we are still EU.

After this interview he had to go to AOK and then to another office for another chat. It was at this point that my husband said that we do not have a bean. Mittelos.  This is totally true. Apparently we may now have a payment soon.

My husband applies for jobs daily. Mostly he does not get a reply. If he does the job is already taken. On one occasion he was told during the interview that the job didn´t exist and another time that the interview process was just a legal requirement, that in fact the job went in house. He is always too old, too young (once) but mostly too experienced. He will do any sort of job.