Submitting freelance monthly returns in English

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I used SteuerGo in English to submit my taxes for 2018. I just recently became a freelancer and started having to declare monthly (it seems it has to be done like this for the first couple of years) my income in Elster. However, I always need a German speaking friend to do this and after a couple of months I am trying to find a way to submit these using an app in English, something akin to SteuerGo but for freelance declarations. Is there something like this? If not, is there any guide in English as to what each field in the tax declaration form mean?

Thanks,

Paulo

Not that I know of, but after doing it a couple of times, surely you can just use your already submitted forms as a guide for which number goes where?

14 minutes ago, evildudette said:

Not that I know of, but after doing it a couple of times, surely you can just use your already submitted forms as a guide for which number goes where?

Until now I only submitted the forms with zeros in all fields. :)

I haven't seen how to properly add other numbes.

Well if you need a German speaking friend to fill in all zeros, you will definitely struggle with the full form. :p

When I was looking I couldn't find an English version - there is one floating about somewhere on the internet but it's old and no longer an exact match. 

1 minute ago, evildudette said:

Well if you need a German speaking friend to fill in all zeros, you will definitely struggle with the full form. :p

When I was looking I couldn't find an English version - there is one floating about somewhere on the internet but it's old and no longer an exact match. 

Will definitely struggle, therefore I asked for an English version. (-:

I don't think Finanzamt will wait for me to get my German up to scratch.