[Change of employer - Documents] Blue card terminated during probation and got new job

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am a non-EU citizen and I was in Blue card tied up with my employer and the employer terminated my contract on April 30th, and that was during my probation. And the HR asked me to register in Agentur für Arbeit within days which I did but did not ask me to go to "Ausländerbehörde München". Also the staff in Agentur für Arbeit told me that I could stay as long as I want in the country to search a new job but later I realised that this was a wrong information. Also I did not go to "Ausländerbehörde München" yet as I was busy with interviews and finally got a new job offer on May 24th.

Now I have to go to "Ausländerbehörde München" with my new job contract to amend my blue card. 

Will there be a problem as I did not inform them for 20+ days? As I had back to back interviews, calls and in-person interviews, and I thought getting a job was the priority.

Also what are the documents that I need to submit along with the job contract for my case?

Please help me out. Thank you.

19 hours ago, sandowl said:

Will there be a problem as I did not inform them for 20+ days

Unlikely that they would ask you that, since 20 odd days is not that long. And since you are going back to them with details of the new job, it is unlikely that you did something wrong. What I expect is that they will initiate another "Zustimmung auf Erwerbstätigkeit" (basically the Bundesagentur für Arbeit has to say that you are allowed to start this job at that company). Whatever you do, answer their questions truthfully.

19 hours ago, sandowl said:

Also what are the documents that I need to submit along with the job contract for my case?

This information only the ABH can give you for sure, but I think you will have to have your new employer fill out some paperwork for the Bundesagentur für Arbeit as mentioned above.

My comments are based purely on my own experiences and when my wife changed jobs.

Hello all,

thanks for the help.I went to the ‘foreigners authority’ office today and successfully changed the employer.As commented by you all, they did not ask anything about why I was 20+ days late

These are things they asked 

1.)new employers original contract,

2.)previous employers contract termination letter

3.) The Bundesagentur für Arbeit Stellenbeschreibung (job description - you can download this from Internet. Google Stellenbeschreibung pdf ) form filled and sealed by your new employer.

4.) Job posting Ad copy 

The whole process took 30mins. And in the passport they stamped  the previous employer work permit sticker  to “ungültig”(invalid) and pasted new employers work permit sticker in the next page . The blue card sticker was not touched.