Non-EU Student pregnant with a German father

15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone..Am from a Non-EU country who came with a student visa and currently pregnant with a German man.We broke up before I realized I was pregnant so he then lives with his new girlfriend now whiles I still study and live in a student Wohnheim..I have got more than a year for my Aufenthaltserlaubnis to expire..Now back to my problem 

Having the baby in the state where I study is not where I really want to be anymore because I don’t want my baby to come in between them at that youngest age..He has agreed to let me go to where I got my family members so they can help me out. 

Secondly i got a mini job doing which I don’t know what happens when I deliver the baby in another state..

Am I qualified for any benefits and also what happens to my Aufenthaltserlaubnis after I have the baby because am still on Paragraph 16 which means I don’t qualify for any benefits..My baby father is been supportive but he doesn’t know much of all these because he’s a 1st time father 

please help me because am confused..Sorry for the long message 

Am I qualified for any benefits and also what happens to my Aufenthaltserlaubnis after I have the baby because am still on Paragraph 16 which means I don’t qualify for any benefits.

You need to go to the JUGENDAMT with the father of your child in order for the father to perform a Vaterschaftsannerkennung. You need the Vaterschaftsannerkennung if you want to receive any type of benefits. 

Vaterschaftsannerkennung = official recognition of paternity by the child's father! Verv important!! Without this, everything is just talk!

You also need to speak to a lawyer about the possibility of the father obtaining shared custody after the child is born and whether he might then have the right to prevent the child leaving the country. If you are not sure you want to stay in the country for good a child born in Germany can be a trap. As I am not a lawyer I have no idea whether or not this can become a problem for unmarried parents.

12 hours ago, engelchen said:

Okay thanks soo much we will then book an appointment for that

You need to go to the JUGENDAMT with the father of your child in order for the father to perform a Vaterschaftsannerkennung. You need the Vaterschaftsannerkennung if you want to receive any type of benefits. 

9 hours ago, Metall said:

Vaterschaftsannerkennung = official recognition of paternity by the child's father! Verv important!! Without this, everything is just talk!

Okay thanks..Will do exactly that

7 hours ago, LeChamois said:

You also need to speak to a lawyer about the possibility of the father obtaining shared custody after the child is born and whether he might then have the right to prevent the child leaving the country. If you are not sure you want to stay in the country for good a child born in Germany can be a trap. As I am not a lawyer I have no idea whether or not this can become a problem for unmarried parents.

I suggested we see a lawyer but he doesn’t agree with that fact simply because it’s expensive and am not illegal..I think i will go for a lawyer consultation alone and see how to go about that..We also booked an appointment at Caritas so we wait on them too for a reply..Thanks soo much

3 hours ago, Mykrie said:

I suggested we see a lawyer but he doesn’t agree with that fact simply because it’s expensive and am not illegal..

He is right.

I think i will go for a lawyer consultation alone and see how to go about that

If you want to waste your money, you can also go to a lawyer. The Jugendamt either doesn't charge or has much lower costs than a Notar for the Vaterschaftsanerkennung

We also booked an appointment at Caritas so we wait on them too for a reply..

Why are you even posting here? You have an appointment with Caritas (which is a good idea) and you still want to go to a lawyer instead of the Jugendamt?!?

Could someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but couldn’t this work very much to the advantage of an illegal alien in Germany?

Would she get automatic right to stay here (German father of unborn child) and wouldn’t he have to support not only the baby, but also her for the first few years? 

36 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

Could someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but couldn’t this work very much to the advantage of an illegal alien in Germany?

Would she get automatic right to stay here (German father of unborn child) and wouldn’t he have to support not only the baby, but also her for the first few years? 

Yes. 

But she's not illegal. At least not at the moment.

Therefore, such conversation is premature (and a bit disingenuous).

2 hours ago, engelchen said:

He is right.

If you want to waste your money, you can also go to a lawyer. The Jugendamt either doesn't charge or has much lower costs than a Notar for the Vaterschaftsanerkennung

Why are you even posting here? You have an appointment with Caritas (which is a good idea) and you still want to go to a lawyer instead of the Jugendamt?!?

Just confused and asking people who know my situation but it seem new to people and we have been to Donum Vitae counseling and they also saying different thing all together..We wait on your appointment then we book an appointment at Jugendamt too..Thanks 

1 hour ago, A.N.Other said:

I know right..Because the people I know are in the illegal status who gained this benefits but since an a student everything is confusing and it seems the Ausländer are not open to us after we had an appointment with them..

3 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Ah. I misread the “because am not illegal” part. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

No no..Am not bothered okay