Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CNN announces layoffs after offering buyouts to 100 staff

33 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, J0ker said:

I have to take my gorgeous Colombian wife to lunch

It's not lunchtime in Germany. Maybe you're in the wrong place. 

4 minutes ago, john g. said:

He´s in the right place, Alex! South America! (envy)...:(

Don't forget the hot Columbian wife :)

As a freshly outed lesbisn you can check out the ladies in new ways without disrepecting your lady.

ColOmbian, Kommentarlos!!!

:o

Columbia University is, possibly, where lesbians such as myself/I should have studied!!

:lol:

Colombia is where lesbians such as I would be happy...beautiful women!!!

Guilt as charged. Good job I don't do this grammer gig for a living :ph34r:

Sorry hot ColOmbian wife of poster.

Casual conversation, like internet chats, have different rules than formal English. I don't worry about my typos here. Anyway, it's not nearly as embarrassing as it must be, oh, say, to tout ones' professional bona fides and then be resoundly corrected by a colleague in a public forum.

HAS different rules!

Anyway, I don´t wish to harm anyone´s feelings...just happy to be alive and banter-ish tonight!

:P

Don´t take me seriously!

20 minutes ago, john g. said:

HAS different rules!

Anyway, I don´t wish to harm anyone´s feelings...just happy to be alive and banter-ish tonight!

Don´t take me seriously!

You missed "grammer" above. Spoil sport.

Wags finger :lol:

AND "  ones´ professional " (sic)  etc! Alex: when my mum was at school, she got whacked on the hand by her teacher on Monday mornings BEFORE she had done anything wrong!!!!

She wasn´t good at maths, either! Ok, except when calculating the odds on her bets on the horses!

Edit: the apostrophe abuse is a killer. Even respected newspapers don´t have the people for that these days. 

Sarabyrd had a thread on apostrophe abuse! The greengrocer´s ´ thingy!

5 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

You missed "grammer" above. Spoil sport.

Wags finger :lol:

Oh, I thought I had you on ignore!

:lol::lol:

12 hours ago, J0ker said:

Russiagate ... obviously.

I listened to PBS last night and they interviewed a guy who discussed the Mueller report and simply could not understand Trump's irritation with it given that there was bi-partisan consensus that the Russians "meddled" in the 2016 election.   The moderator did not even attempt to suggest that the hostility toward to process had its roots in the belief that the whole thing was baseless. 

It is as if MSNBC, CNN, the Lawfare blog and multiple others never tried to exert political leverage by accusing the Trump campaign of colluding with the Russian government or intell services.  

There is another thread about the next domino to fall with 250+ pages of conspiracy nuttery courtesy of El Jello, AleXXXL, fraufruitcake, along with the two userids who seem to post memes from British tabloids named Wulfrun and hooperski.   

There is no contrition or even a bit of reflection on how horrifically bad they have been misled.   Cognitive dissonance on a herculean scale.    Like it never happened.  

On 5/27/2019, 7:26:02, balticus said:

There is another thread about the next domino to fall with 250+ pages of conspiracy nuttery courtesy of El Jello, AleXXXL, fraufruitcake, along with the two userids who seem to post memes from British tabloids named Wulfrun and hooperski.  

Meh they are harmless.  Just a bunch of obese unemployed deadbeats addicted to Buzzfeed rage bait.  You can't find people like that in real life.  :D