Income tax declaration 2018

6 posts in this topic

Time for tax fun!

I'll get us kicked off.

How can I get the figures for the "Nebenkosten" if I've lost the original letter and my landlord company is a right old shower?

Similar question in case the answer is "check your bank statements" - what if I only get these online, and the stupid banking app only shows a short time span?

7 minutes ago, sos-the-rope said:

what if I only get these online, and the stupid banking app only shows a short time span?

Depending on the bank, you can enter a date range  ( online banking - do not know about an app ) Alternatively, your bank can supply statements ( at a cost )

6 minutes ago, LeCheese said:

Depending on the bank, you can enter a date range  ( online banking - do not know about an app ) Alternatively, your bank can supply statements ( at a cost )

Sometimes the feature is "hidden" is a collapsible area or different section, so look carefully.

Also, even if they aren't online they are usually available, you need to request them from your bank and be prepared to pay a fee.

14 minutes ago, dj_jay_smith said:

Sometimes the feature is "hidden" is a collapsible area or different section, so look carefully.

Also, even if they aren't online they are usually available, you need to request them from your bank and be prepared to pay a fee.

I've faffed around with the interface a lot, I guess it's designed this way to make you pay for old data.

We had a better one, @sos-the-rope. Our landlord, a bank, does not supply the information until September, but should be aware of the tax implications. So, we called the Finanzamt to ask them how we should estimate. He said, "Don't estimate. I'll give you an extension until October." That was that.