Good Auto Mechanic in Munich??

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone-

New here from the states and am looking for an honest and reasonable auto mechanic in and around Munich. Does anyone have any recommendations? English speaking would be a plus but as I’m in Germany ich muss die Sprache weiter lernen... I don’t even know if I said that right... Anyways thanks for the help, cheers!

1 hour ago, Runnerguy said:

am looking for an honest and reasonable auto mechanic

When you find him/her...  Please let us know!

I’ve read a few posts that were 10+ years old so I don’t know how relevant they are anymore so we’ll see 😬

How far 'around' Munich?

I know one in Erding but he speaks no English, just Bavarian.

Helmut Glas in the interior courtyard of the Taxi Zentrale: 

Helmut Glas

Engelhardstraße 6

81369 München  

Tel. 089 - 779 962

https://www.autoplenum.de/kfz-werkstatt/muenchen/helmut-glas-121880

He's honest and cheap (and jolly).

And he keeps to his (low) cost estimates. 

I don't think he speaks any English, but he has a young blond guy in the office who does the cost estimates and writes the invoices, anyone that age knows English.

Just don't expect any luxury, this is a working garage that gets the job done and keeps most of Munich's taxis on the streets. 

So if a taxi comes in with urgent trouble, they will slip him in and you may be bumped a few hours, after all, that taxi driver has to earn his living from the car.

1 hour ago, PandaMunich said:

Helmut Glas in the interior courtyard of the Taxi Zentrale: 

Helmut Glas

Engelhardstraße 6

81369 München  

Tel. 089 - 779 962

https://www.autoplenum.de/kfz-werkstatt/muenchen/helmut-glas-121880

He's honest and cheap (and jolly).

And he keeps to his (low) cost estimates. 

I don't think he speaks any English, but he has a young blond guy in the office who does the cost estimates and writes the invoices, anyone that age knows English.

Just don't expect any luxury, this is a working garage that gets the job done and keeps most of Munich's taxis on the streets. 

So if a taxi comes in with urgent trouble, they will slip him in and you may be bumped a few hours, after all, that taxi driver has to earn his living from the car.

Fantastic! Thank you! I don’t have a regular mechanic and I’m looking for a great place. I feel like I’ve heard mention of these guys in other posts. I’m used to paying around $75 for an oil change so I hope it’ll be similar. Thank you so much for the info. 

4 hours ago, Malt-Teaser said:

How far 'around' Munich?

I know one in Erding but he speaks no English, just Bavarian.

within an hour radius of the city center, thank you!

There's a small AGIP filling station on Haager Strasse in Erding, just around the corner from the S-Bahn station, it's run by a chap called Martin Anzinger who employs a mechanic and between them they can do pretty well anything with cars in their small adjoining workshop. Obviously I'd prefer a main dealer for a new car in order to maintain the service history, but if your car's a few years old and you don't need dealer stamps then I'd certainly recommend them.

Much more reasonable prices than main dealers too.

Sadly they don't speak very much English beyond a few basic words.

We had a good experience with the one in Holledauerstr. 35. Unfortunately he speaks no English but fair prices and no nonsense attitude.