Ikea gas hob

13 posts in this topic

If you're talking about hobs for travel (boats and caravans) then the answer from @franklan covers the technical part.

What this means is that for every new country/adapter you'll need a new gas bottle. In Sweden, mine cost around EUR 100 two years ago. Lightweight fiberglass BTW.

Filling your german bottles becomes a chore...finding a filling station, getting there, waiting, practising your language skills...

Easier in a motor home than a boat. Often the filling stations are inland and not every taxi driver is happy to transport your rusty bottles.

Maybe you can take enough gas for your trip? Need the space though. 

There are lots of adapters out there. For the price of a few euros, I'd buy multiple sets as early on in my travels, I found bottles on sale for which I had no adaptor...

I am planning to buy eldslaga 5 burner gas hob not camping stove.. 

1 hour ago, HH_Sailor said:

If you're talking about hobs for travel (boats and caravans) then the answer from @franklan covers the technical part.

What this means is that for every new country/adapter you'll need a new gas bottle. In Sweden, mine cost around EUR 100 two years ago. Lightweight fiberglass BTW.

Filling your german bottles becomes a chore...finding a filling station, getting there, waiting, practising your language skills...

Easier in a motor home than a boat. Often the filling stations are inland and not every taxi driver is happy to transport your rusty bottles.

Maybe you can take enough gas for your trip? Need the space though. 

There are lots of adapters out there. For the price of a few euros, I'd buy multiple sets as early on in my travels, I found bottles on sale for which I had no adaptor...

FFS, why don't you specify the fucking country you want to take it to? 

You are aware that this is a necessary information to answer your question, aren't you? 

Will it be a fixed installation or will it run from a bottle, which gets replaced/refilled when it's empty? 

I am very sorry.. Here are all details.. I am planning to take it to India.. Its eldslaga 5 burner gashob... Just a adapter will work? Or there any other complication to take into mind before buying it? 

And moreover this hob is not available in IKEA in India..  

Its not fixed connection... The gas cylinder is replaced by a authorised company once it becomes empty.. 

Moreover its connected to liquid petroleum gas LPG.. 

it may not be available in India as the fuse for the electric ignition will only take a 3amp fuse and nt a 6 inch nail... 

What type of gas will it be connected to???  Elephant fart?  Natual gas, Propane, butane .. a mixture of both...

INFO.. INFO

3 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

it may not be available in India as the fuse for the electric ignition will only take a 3amp fuse and nt a 6 inch nail... 

What type of gas will it be connected to???  Elephant fart?  Natual gas, Propane, butane .. a mixture of both...

INFO.. INFO

Its connected to (Liquefied petroleum gas) type of gas

16 minutes ago, Rishan said:

Any info needed to answer my query? Thanks everyone.. 

YOU have to find out...

a.) if that eldslaga thingy can be set up to use LPG.

b.) if 230V is available where you wan't to set it up. 

c.) What thread is used on the standard LPG-bottles in India.

d.) whether there is an adapter available to convert from German thread to  that Indian thread.

e.) that the words "homework" and "query" have different meanings.

What type of gas is used in Germany? 

And yeah in India and Europe no difference in volts.. 

I looked for online and adapter is available.. 

Is there any thing need to checked regarding gas flow in pipes attached to stove?