Estimated rough percentage of tax + insurane etc. over all incluisive income for giving a salary quotation

1 post in this topic

Hello, I was offered a position through an agency to work as a civil engineer. However they say they will not be involved with anything and I have to be a freelancer.

I found below statement online and range of technicalities involved is far more complex for me to have a rough idea what sort of tax, insurance and other expenses involved in freelancing. 

I need to give an offer hourly rate.  How much of an expense I should add over my net income expectation.

I am 31, married (non-eu married to EU national), no kids, currently unemployed, civil engineer, living in munich.

Later, you will need to register your business with the tax office (Finanzamt). They will decide if you are a freelancer (Freiberufler) or a tradesman (Gewerbetreibender). The difference is very important. Tradesmen must get a trade licence (Gewerbeschein) and pay a trade tax (Gewerbesteuer). They must also be listed in the trade register (Handelsregister) and follow different accounting rules. You must do these things before registering your business with the Finanzamt.