What is the percentage of tax i will pay on a side job with a mini job as a student

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

Sorry if this question was asked before. I am a international student studying in Bamberg currently i have a mini job of 450 with that i am doing another side job but every month i receive my payment 35 percent tax is deducted from it which i believe is too much. Please if anyone have the correct information and give me an answer so that i can tell my employer to correct it. I have attached the payment slip below.

Thank you

index.jpg

3 hours ago, Haroon Gul said:

but every month i receive my payment 35 percent tax is deducted from it which i believe is too much.

There is no tax deducted, 0%. It's only social security contributions – health insurance, pension insurance, unemployment insurance and nursing care insurance.But no tax. There is nothing to correct.

3 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

There is nothing to correct.

Except the math - the social security and unemployment deductions amount to just over 20%, not 35%.

7 hours ago, Haroon Gul said:

currently i have a mini job of 450 with that i am doing another side job but every month

If a person earns more than 450 Euro per month through multiple minijobs regardless of whether with one or multiple employers then all contracts no longer fall under minijob rules and you become fully versicherungspflichtig.

Considering that the pension insurance contribution is calculated exactly correctly for this situation i assume that the employer for this contract knows about your other job and other earnings (if they didn't then your pension insurance contribution for this job would actually be higher as you'd fall under the Mindestbeitragsbemessungsgrenze).

If you want to inform an employer, then it's the other one you should inform - so that they can equally deduct the appropriate amounts from your pay.

If you earn less than 450 Euro from both jobs combined then you are no longer versicherungspflichtig for health insurance, unemployment insurance and care insurance; should you choose to do so you can also then opt out of pension insurance, thus reducing deductions to zero.

4 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

There is no tax deducted, 0%. It's only social security contributions – health insurance, pension insurance, unemployment insurance and nursing care insurance.But no tax. There is nothing to correct.

But i already pay my health insurance every month. And many of my friends are doing jobs like this but there deductions amount to 10 percent not 20 percent like me.

sorry but i still have not got the answer which will clear my confusion. As i am a student i can work upto 20 hours per week but as my 1st job is a mini job i only work 45 hours per month so i still have 35 hours left. And the for second job i only work 20 to 30 hours per month. I want to know that the 20% amount that is deducted from my salary is the correct amount? Because i don't work more than 80 hours per month.

The answer is above.

If you earn more than 450 Euro from minijobs (in total when combining all) then you have to pay taxes and mandatory insurance contributions on them.

Hours are irrelevant in that regard.