Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Herzogenaurach salaries

6 posts in this topic

Hey,

Someone close to me is being offered a senior marketing job in Herzogenaurach at Adidas  ... what are the salaries like in the area? I know Siemens and Puma are also down there .. Of course I've heard people are paid well in South Germany.. but can you expect a Munich level income for Herzo?

He's hoping for minimum €90,000, because something similar in New York would be around $110,000 USD .. there must be a premium to get someone to move to a small Bavarian town from a major city? 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! 

11 minutes ago, heathergramz said:

there must be a premium to get someone to move to a small Bavarian town from a major city? 

The premium is the much lower cost of housing and living in general, I would think.

1 hour ago, heathergramz said:

Hey,

Someone close to me is being offered a senior marketing job in Herzogenaurach at Adidas  ... 

He's hoping for minimum €90,000,

if they have been offered a job there, they are usually offered a sallary at the same time...

I like the smell of Nescafe, but never drank Nescafe from inder a bridge!....

10 hours ago, heathergramz said:

Someone close to me is being offered a senior marketing job in Herzogenaurach at Adidas  ..

He's hoping for minimum €90,000, because something similar in New York would be around $110,000 USD .

I think he should keep looking in New York. Salaries in Germany are generally substantially lower than in New York for many positions and marketing managers are not considered to be on the shortage list. 

. there must be a premium to get someone to move to a small Bavarian town from a major city? 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! 

I think the main problem is your friend's ignorance of the local market. I actually know people who don't like living in big cities and enjoy the freedom of being able to choose in which provincial town they live. Furthermore, many people who want to buy property jump at the chance to leave Munich these days.

12 hours ago, heathergramz said:

He's hoping for minimum €90,000, because something similar in New York would be around $110,000 USD .. there must be a premium to get someone to move to a small Bavarian town from a major city? 

Always tough comparing salaries across borders as not comparing like for like. On the one hand in Germany the job probably includes great benefits like 30+ days of vacation, and healthcare costs are usually much lower than in the US, but given higher tax rate what you have in your pocket at the end of the day might be slightly lower than in NYC. However, if you then take cost of living in comparison, you are far better off in a small town. 

To be honest 90K doesn't seem too unreasonable to me, but strongly depending on experience and what the definition of "senior" is (i.e. how many years of experience are required for the job).