Hello to all the online lurkers!

29 posts in this topic

Oh. I was only looking at online members under More...

Didn't know there was a Who's Online. Never cared really.

Helo Hello!   Filling in time: shortly off to to train station to pick up visitors from back home! Had a happy day: good news from  my nears and dears.  :-)  

etd

3 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Touche...

You also post empty drivel most the time

Right- as opposed to -

whining about life's unfairness

attacking many TT members

minute details of barn, house, mud ?!:o

Not your posts, of course.

Oh, don't knock the house, barn, mud posts. Those are great.

Not so much the rest, but SP has been known to bring many a crisis to a happy conclusion for his fellow TTers, so I guess some don't reflect themselves so well in print.

It used to be most of the "guests" were just TheLocal readers. I don't know if the servers have been separated in the interim.

Probably lots of bots, too.

14 hours ago, john g. said:

Swollen right foot, Bayrisch! Too many lurky walks with dogs on stoney pathways!🐕🐕🐕. Stumbling a bit, twisting a bit. 

😂

Twist and shout!

Twist and mend... speedy recovery young man!

If I were a paying advertiser I think this would seriously piss me off and I'd be thinking about where I might reach a wider public. :ph34r:

From an advertising perspective, we are a specialized market. Things that should not be advertised here like clothes, personal care, and cars (unless the dealer specifically wants to advertise that they have staff on hand at all times who speak fluent English) generally are not here. What is here normally: tax advisers and lawyers who speak English, TV and satellite systems for English language programming, doctors who can speak English in their practice, etc.

The problem is that a lot of companies use these buying and placement services and they have no idea they are here where we may not care about their product. The group Sleeping Giants has made an entire non-profit org out of telling advertisers they have been placed on websites that promote racism, sexism, violence, and religious bigotry. Ad buyers have gotten very lazy with the advent of the internet.

Hello young lurkers where ever you are...

I'll get my coat...