vergleichbarer ausländischer Hochschulabschluss for EU Blue Card Application

3 posts in this topic

I received a full-time job offer from a company in Germany, and I want to apply for an EU Blue Card. We might sign the contract a week or two from now.

The website says I need "vergleichbarer ausländischer Hochschulabschluss ". I checked Anabin website and found out that my University qualification is listed as H+ and the post-graduate level. In fact, I have a master degree as well as a bachelor one.

1- Do I still need to apply for the "statement of comparability of foreign higher education" through ZAB? 

or I can just give my education certificates (translated) to the Ausländerbehörde?

I've heard that ZAB process may take long!

2- Beside the Arbeitgeberbestätigung form I need to provide Arbeitsvertrag. 

Is Arbeitsvertrag necessarily the final version of the contract sign by the employer and me?

or a draft version of the contract (or similar) signed by the employer could be sufficient as well?

Thank you!

If your university and your degree are listed on Anabin, print them out and bring them with you. I did this both for my Undergrad and Grad degree and they accepted it. The Statement of Comparability is used if it is not listed and needs to be reviewed thru the ZAB process.

I took the signed by both version to the ABH. You could try with a draft version, it may be sufficient.

4 hours ago, Storamin said:

I took the signed by both version to the ABH.

Thank you. I'll try that!