I've been looking for horseback riding lesson for a foreigner in Dresden

4 posts in this topic

Dear friends

I've been looking for a riding club or farm where I can enjoy horseback riding and learn how to improve my riding in Dresden.
I am a foreigner in Germany and learning German,too. However, it is difficult to speak in German.
So English conversation is better.

Do you have any information?

Best,

It may be better to go with a German speaker to one of the places that is nearest to you, and ask if they know anywhere that can teach in English. There appear to be a reasonable number of riding schools in the area, so you should be able to find one, although you may need to have a private lesson, as a class would be taught in German. It will also be a good way to improve your German by mixing with the other people who ride there. 

Riding schools in Dresden area

1 hour ago, n_style said:

Hi, SusieT

Thank you for your comment and information.

> go with a German speaker to one of the places that is nearest to you,
Humm...it is too hard to find a such person.
So what if me myself would be able to understand more German conversation in riding?
Probably I need to get B2 level of German, at least. :)
https://www.actilingua.com/en/german-language-course-content/levels/

B1 should be ok for having lessons, go and watch a few to start to understand the terminology, and you should pick things upas its often easier when its something that interests you rather than "structured book learning"  
If you have enough very basic german for everyday life, or someone else who does, that should get you through the first conversation - sprachen sie bitte eine kleine Englisch" will be a start, and you will probably find that once they discover you speak less German than they do English, they will have someone who can help. Go and try to talk to them as best you can, they may have someone with enough english to teach you, asking is the only way to find out :)