In Seperation Mood, Visa status ? Help!

4 posts in this topic

(Unedited)
I was born and raised in Syria, carrying a Brazilian nationality that i got from my father side (no Syrian passport).
I've been In Germany for almost 5 years now.
My Aufenthaltserlaubnis changed from Studium visa to Erwerbstatigkeit gestattet (28abs 1 nr. 1)
Been married since 2016, lived together for one year, we got separated (11.2018)  till now.
I'm currently unemployed and studying in an art school with a B1 German certificate and My visa ends on januray 2020.
In which circumstances i can extend my visa ? work ? study ? asylum ?
Resolution?

If you need protection from political persecution, protection as a refugee, protection because your life is at risk in your home country or protection from being deported because you face an extreme danger if you are to go back to your own country, then you may apply for asylum. If not, your best bet would be student visa (since you are currently a student and you can just shift back to this type of visa) or work visa.

42 minutes ago, thegreatdivide said:

If you need protection from political persecution, protection as a refugee, protection because your life is at risk in your home country or protection from being deported because you face an extreme danger if you are to go back to your own country, then you may apply for asylum. If not, your best bet would be student visa (since you are currently a student and you can just shift back to this type of visa) or work visa.

OP is Brazilian and will be treated as such. I don't see how asylum laws would apply, as OP is not being persecuted nor is his life endangered as an unemployed student in a broken marriage living in Germany.

Maybe if he claims anti-homosexual violence, political beliefs, etc. I'm not sure what the success rate for Brazilian asylum-seekers is, but probably not very high... The fact OP has already been here for 5 years in Germany, and had a student visa, will surely null any chance of the asylum route.

OP, I presume you will go back to being on a student visa. That requires proof of funds and all the rest of it. The ABH do not renew student visas forever, so the sooner you can graduate and find some secure footing/employment the better. When did you start studying and when will you finish? 

44 minutes ago, alderhill said:

OP is Brazilian and will be treated as such. I don't see how asylum laws would apply, as OP is not being persecuted nor is his life endangered as an unemployed student in a broken marriage living in Germany.

Exactly my point, hence my suggestion that the best bet is student or work Visa.