Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dr Jane Dum - American Psychotherapist, Individual, Couple's & Family Counseling, English & Fluent German

1 post in this topic

jane_dum_counseling_therapy_munich.jpg.7

I am an American with a license to practice in Germany as a counseling psychologist. My private Practice has been located in the heart of Munich since 1997, where I do individual, couple's and Family Counseling. I have treated depression and anxiety disturbances, such as panic attacks, phobias and obsessive-compulsive disorders, successfully for many years. I also have treated behavioral issues, such as attention and hyperactivity in adults, eating disorders, alcoholism and internet addiction successfully. I am in the Registry of Doctors in Oberbayern, although I am not a medical doctor myself.

After having graduated  from the University of Massachusetts with a BS in Psychology, from the University of Chicago with a MA in Psychology, and earning a doctorate from the LMU while doing research at the Max Planck Institut für Psychiatrie, I earned a degree in Psychotherapy from the Center of Integrated Psychotherapy (CIP) in Munich in 2001. 

I am a member of the American Psychological Association and have continued to expand my training and experience in many seminars and conferences. I use a variety of approaches to help the people, who come to me. These include cognitive-behavioral, emotion-focussed, Gestallt therapy and hypnosis. German laws recognize cognitive-behavioral methods, so that the therapy is generally covered by private insurances, but not by public insurances.

Appointments: Tuesdays & Thursdays 9:30 - 20:00; Wednesdays 9:30 - 19:00; Fridays 15:30 - 20:00.

Contact: Call my practice at 089-1233824 any time; to reach me personally call  Monday & Friday mornings between 9 and 12 noon, or 

Email me at Counseling@DrDum.de

www.DrDum.de