What is your hobby?

61 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, pmd said:

After around 30 years, got back into astronomy last year. Seeing the rings of Saturn through a telescope for the first time last summer was spellbinding.

Also been thinking of digging my old ETX out. Last summer I got into variable stars which were interesting.

I am thinking of picking up painting.. 

Did anyone here try art courses?

Painting in watercolour is on my bucket list (the bucket is getting nearer every year).

Don't you have to learn to draw first?

Weight lifting, shooting when I can, video games, photography, BJJ, playing with my son, travel, beer and a bunch of other random things. 

I still love my photography, shot some really great pics at my nephews wedding a few weeks back... 3 or 4 pics were selected for his wedding portfolio... even his Prof shooter said " I was lucky to snap them just at the right moment"...   

Also I think my Job is my Paid Hobby, I just love my job 99% of the time!

49 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Also I think my Job is my Paid Hobby, I just love my job 99% of the time!

What's your job?

1 hour ago, Petro6golf said:

Weight lifting, shooting when I can, video games, photography, BJJ, playing with my son, travel, beer and a bunch of other random things. 

Shooting what???

:(

On 1.5.2019, 14:32:52, Deezz said:

What is your hobby? :-)

In terms of time spent, 

Work, travel, sailing. ( sadly, not enough sailing )

( Yes, my work is also a hobby )

Just don`t get in the way of GOT early monday mornings - Cheese will crap on you from a great height if you do

1 hour ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Is part of your work monitoring the Bitcoin 24/7 👻?

:P

Goes and looks - €5080. Not bad.

More the markets. 24/7? no chance. Though if I have lots of fingers in various pies I do spend a fair bit of time in my " Matrix chair '" Depends on the size of the fingers and pies of course ;)

Climbing
D&D
Computer games
Reading

I want to do more of the first two, but the latter two are easier to do between other activities.

I'd love to say travel, but that's not happening much lately

I like messing around with electronics - Arduino and the like.  I once build a big remote controlled spider with a friend to scare kids on halloween. Stuff like that.   Would do more if I had more room.

I like fixing stuff.  People always give me broken stuff to fix and most of the time I can. 

Used to do hovercraft racing, but got tired of that.  Used to work on cars but got REAL tired of that.  Used to like to go to live auctions, but there are hardly any anymore and there are even fewer in Germany.

I also like programming, which is a bit insane such my job also has to do with programming - but I get to work on my own stuff.  Mostly games and Augmented Reality.

Wish I could say I did a bunch of outdoorsy stuff, and I should given where I am living (mountains and lakes at my doorstep).  Trying to learn though and become more active - for instance, I started learning to ice skate 40 years after I should have.  

What I don't do is watch TV.  Haven't owned one for years.  Have never had cable in my life. Biggest time waster there is.  Don't miss it much.  I would like to see what the fuss is about GOT though. Sounds like something I might like.   

My 'hobby' as a flatulist or petomane, consists of performing the art of controlled anal voicing, and requires a remarkable control of the abdominal muscles.  

Not as good as Mr Methane, but I aspire to someday

I may have sunk to a new low on TT...

I learned a long time ago that -if your partner or future partner - asks about your hobbies, the best answer is " YOU"!

That gives you some breathing space!

:D:D