What is your hobby?

61 posts in this topic

Wine, women and song ( without the wine!) and reading your posts.?

8 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

You first ?.

I love to have long walks :-)   

and currently looking to pick up new hobbies ;) 

13 minutes ago, Anna66 said:

Wine, beer, cocktails, good food,

ditto.

plus knitting, gardening, reading and occasional yoga (need more yoga)

16 minutes ago, john g. said:

Picking up flowers whilst you walk??

I did that once during a very drunken walk home from a party in the weeeeee hours of the breaking dawn.

I only took one flower/sprig from any one garden so as not to be too obnoxious, and I didn't venture into anyone's yard, proper.  Still, by the time I got home I had an arm-full.  

14 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

I did that once during a very drunken walk home from a party in the weeeeee hours of the breaking dawn.

I only took one flower/sprig from any one garden so as not to be too obnoxious, and I didn't venture into anyone's yard, proper.  Still, by the time I got home I had an arm-full.  

My mother would take cuttings from friend's gardens, any parks, stately gardens etc!

As the others noted- reading, walking, plants/ flowers, and I count meeting friends often !

Now that we have just about settled into our newly renovated house, I intend to take up golf and fishing again.

We are retired now so just enjoyed taking life slowly, days out in the car, popping back to England visiting family and grandchildren.

Going to the pub for the weekly rowdy quiz, my wife does her swimming and weather permitting, I go out over the mountains on my motorbike.

2 hours ago, Anna66 said:

Wine, beer, cocktails, good food, movies, television series, weight lifting and HSIP.

You forgot listening to music ?.

59 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Now that we have just about settled into our newly renovated house, I intend to take up golf and fishing again.

We are retired now so just enjoyed taking life slowly, days out in the car, popping back to England visiting family and grandchildren.

Going to the pub for the weekly rowdy quiz, my wife does her swimming and weather permitting, I go out over the mountains on my motorbike.

Life in general!

13 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

You forgot listening to music ?.

True! and watching music videos.

I quite like ignoring the chaos around me and thinking " tomorrow will be the day I sort it out. "

But there is no tomorrow--there´s only now.

Another hobby: trying to understand my own posts!

:D

Oh, quite like not wearing socks in warm weather.

"The sludge caught in the mind's filter, the stuff that refuses to go through, frequently becomes each person's private obsession. In civilisied society, we have an unspoken agreement to call our obsessions 'hobbies'." ~ Stephen King (1977)

Mine is FPL. Been playing for 10 years, but could take it or leave it until 4 years ago when I was fortunate enough to be drafted in a team through FFS. I've never looked back.

We've won 3 FFS community tournaments out of 4. We're a very good team of 11 players. None of us will personally finish outside the top 50K this season.

We live in Scotland, England, Germany, Turkey, Lebanon, Saudi and India. But somehow that mix of strangers/cultures worked.

We've had a Whatsapp group for 4 years. Swapping tips, news and advice on a daily basis.

Even births, deaths and marriages.

We're all very different but also, all very close. Despite the global distance.

My advice to anyone with a 'hobby' is to find some kindred spirits to add extra enjoyment to your obsession.

In order of time invested:

- Playing music, mostly e-guitar.  I can butcher other instruments but really bad.  

- Motocross.  But I don't ride much myself anymore, mostly training the kids and maintaining their bikes.

- Videogames.   Not really enough time into this because the other two take most of my free time.   Still trying the clear my backlog in the PS3, currently playing The Last Of Us.     And a giant untouched backlog from PS4, but most were the "free" games from the PSN subscription which I keep because of my son.