Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

If I cancel anmeldung, do I lose my visa?

11 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I have a jobseeker visa. My flat rental contract expires in June, and I want to go home from June until August, and in August when I come back, I'll find a new flat. This means I wouldn't be registered (anmeldung) from June till August while I am out of the country. 

Do I lose my visa, if I remain deregistered while I am out of Germany? Of course, as soon as I enter Germany in August, I'll register again. 

6 minutes ago, AnitaRoxas said:

I have a jobseeker visa.

Since when?

On 26.4.2019, 18:10:38, AnitaRoxas said:

I'm a non-EU student currently registered in Germany who is finishing studies and will apply soon for a job seeker visa. 

So you have applied for and received a new visa within two working days? I don't think so.

Why a new thread at all now? If you deregister and leave the country, your residence permit will get void. You will also not be able to re-enter. Whether you like it or not, you can't get a visa to look for work and then leave the country. You need at least to stay registered (and pay health insurance etc.).

On 4/30/2019, 2:03:14, someonesdaughter said:

So you have applied for and received a new visa within two working days? I don't think so.

Oh, not within two working days. Immediately. I enter the office with all my documents, half an hour later, I have a visa in my passport. ;)

Why a new thread at all now? If you deregister and leave the country, your residence permit will get void. You will also not be able to re-enter. Whether you like it or not, you can't get a visa to look for work and then leave the country. You need at least to stay registered (and pay health insurance etc.).

Because I keep getting conflicting information from the official organs and I'm going outright nuts because of it. I just want to make sure I do the right thing, but it's so bloody hard getting accurate information in Germany. I asked one official from Aliens office if I can deregister from the city, and he says, yes, of course I can - it won't influence my visa if I'm out of the country for less than 6 months. Two days after, I ask another official, just to be sure, and guess what - he says, if you deregister you might lose visa after all. This happens all the time in Germany, regardless of the institution. I already lost huge amounts of money because I made plans based on the wrong information I got from aliens office, university and insurance officials, and I'm not going to risk losing my visa as well. I lost bloody 3000 euros because my insurance gave me the wrong information about my rights, so I second-check everything because I had so many terrible experiences here with getting wrong information from officials that I have a phobia from it. 

1 hour ago, Kommentarlos said:

Is this a. multiple entry visa?

I don't know what that would be...? What I have is an 18-month permit that allows graduate students to look for jobs. 

On 4/30/2019, 2:03:14, someonesdaughter said:

Since when?

You are always hostile. Who hurt you? 

6 hours ago, thegreatdivide said:

You are always hostile. Who hurt you? 

Your contribution is worthless and ad hominem. Why don't you answer the questions, but attack me?

What is wrong with you? 

@AnitaRoxas: You like the attack - see what the attacker can do for you, no matter how many threads you open, you won't get any more answers from me. 

1 hour ago, someonesdaughter said:

@AnitaRoxas: You like the attack - see what the attacker can do for you, no matter how many threads you open, you won't get any more answers from me. 

Pompous. I suppose the TT community will die without you since you are a highly esteemed contributor that’s why it’s ok for you to snap at people. 👍 again, who hurt you?

AFAIK as a non-EU you should never deregister (ABmeldulg) because you risk losing your residence permit.   Maybe you could still travel but keep your health insurance running.  Ask your Krankenkasse if they offer the option to "freeze" your health insurance, you still would have to pay the premiums but they are much lower, around 50 - 60 EUR a month.  And the usual rules should apply, do not stay out of Germany for more than 90 days.  You can extend that to 180 days if you go to the aliens office and apply for an extension.

10 hours ago, AnitaRoxas said:

I don't know what that would be...? What I have is an 18-month permit that allows graduate students to look for jobs. 

OK I thought you were talking about a visa. The question is actually about your residence permit.

Follow Krieg‘s advice.

2 hours ago, Krieg said:

AFAIK as a non-EU you should never deregister (ABmeldulg) because you risk losing your residence permit.   Maybe you could still travel but keep your health insurance running.  Ask your Krankenkasse if they offer the option to "freeze" your health insurance, you still would have to pay the premiums but they are much lower, around 50 - 60 EUR a month.  And the usual rules should apply, do not stay out of Germany for more than 90 days.  You can extend that to 180 days if you go to the aliens office and apply for an extension.

Thanks for your answer! My main problem is that I won't have a rental contract in the 4 month period I'm out of Germany, so I would have to ask a friend to remain registered at their place. The problem with this is that it's also not legal if I'm not actually living there. So, it's not okay if I deregister, but it's also not legal if I remain registered and I'm not physically in Germany. I discussed the validity of this possibility with the official from the Aliens office, and their answer was that whatever I do, it's both wrong and right. :lol: It's a gamble, gray area, they said. But I don't want to gamble, I want to know what my rights are. If Aliens office cannot give me a precise answer, who should I turn to? 

PS. My permit expires if I'm out of the country for more than 6 months. But from what I understood, regulations don't specify anything when it comes to whether address registration is necessary or not.  

4 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

Umm, have I accidentally done something bad to you to deserve these random acts of kindness from you? In some past life, maybe? :blink: