Where to park ?

4 posts in this topic

Hallo !!

I'll be moving to Nürnberg in a few weeks and I have a question regarding my car (I haven't find any post on that subject).

I am moving from France to Nürnberg and will be coming with my car. I have found a temporary apartment and I have questions about parking. I don't know what the rules are. Is a parking permit mandatory to park on the street close by your place? In France I do have my own parking space so that's not a question but I lived in Ireland and I had to get a parking permit so I was allowed to park on a few streets around my place without having to pay everyday.

Thanks !

I visited  Nürnberg  with my car last year for a long weekend and we stayed about 300m from Plärrer U-Bahn station, so relatively central.

In the area where our holiday apartment was then there was a mix of permit and free parking.  We were told by the apartment owner that permit parking is only available for residents of the area and the permit is linked to a specific car (number plate) and a specific area (signposted) which was very close to the apartments.  But I think that Sundays and holidays the areas are "free parking" (can't remember exactly and it might vary).

The free parking area are of course available to everybody but is on first come first served basis.  Although we always managed to find a spot close by.

Its very much depends on where the apartment is located in Nuremberg. There are areas with parking limitations and some without. Search for Anwohner parken in Nürnberg.