Time frame and hours for musical practitioner in apartment

40 posts in this topic

Ok. Several posts talked about other neighbors.

So, she is my right upstair neighbor. I have 5 neighbors near on both sides, opposite side of 1 m wide hallway. I talked with them all a while ago if I was disturbing them. They all told me NO, they are not disturbed at all. They uniformly stated something similar to: it is early evening, quite fixed time, predictable, and only for short time...

As I said the upstairs neighbor has some psyologic problem. Yesterday, I started vocal exercise, and it was not loud kind. She banged floor violently. I happened to have lost my patience. Usually, I would have stopped. Then in another two min. She came down, rang the bell continuously, and continued even after I opened the door. She said she will call police. I said yes please do so. 

Police didn't come, either she didn't call or police thinks I did nothing wrong.

9 hours ago, Namu said:

What does the Mietvertrag and Hausordnung say?

It does not say anything.

1 hour ago, HerrRing said:

Suppose, the Hausordnung says no playing instruments after 20.00 pm, Ruhezeit after 22.

I practice acoustic guitar between these times, fingerpicking, halfheartedly. It's probably much more soft than a TV on middle volume when watching a blockbuster, or playing records not too loudly. Will the neighbors have the right to make complaints if they are able to hear it?

1 hour ago, HerrRing said:

Suppose, the Hausordnung says no playing instruments after 20.00 pm, Ruhezeit after 22.

I practice acoustic guitar between these times, fingerpicking, halfheartedly. It's probably much more soft than a TV on middle volume when watching a blockbuster, or playing records not too loudly. Will the neighbors have the right to make complaints if they are able to hear it?

9 hours ago, Namu said:

I think that by law, what you described has nothing wrong. But I do understand sometimes everyone can get obsessed on some particular thing, and become pathetic. It would be nicer you talk with the person and show your efforts to make it work, and willing to compromise. It is not all about law. The person may feel a warmth and may feel less obsessed, less pathetic.

@SmurfLee, the situation is purely hypothetical. So far I've been spared the need of going round neighbors warming them up on any occasion.

Looks like they would be right to complain according to the house rules though, even though it might seem morally wrong.

The woman upstairs has probably called the police... They will register the complaint... If it continues, then she will probably contact the H/V or her Landlord, and the police will become her witness.. 

Just stop annoying folks... That applies to TT too.. 

2 hours ago, BayrischDude said:

Perhaps she was not home that one time. 

No it is not illegal for you to practice your singing as the police informed you.  But if you are disturbing your other neighbours, they can complain to the landlord or hausverwaltung and you could be told to vacate the flat.

She seems to be at home all time, or at least when I am at home she is at home. I hear her footsteps, banging some doors ( closet door?), Dropping something heavy on the floor. My footstep is very light, so I cannot understand as an adult, why is she running around all time. But I don't want to complain, because he might use this as leverage. I can live with the noise she is making now, but if she escalates it to larger volume or after midnight. I would suffer, and this is not any noise that I can prove.

2 hours ago, HerrRing said:

10 hours ago, Namu said:

I think that by law, what you described has nothing wrong. But I do understand sometimes everyone can get obsessed on some particular thing, and become pathetic. It would be nicer you talk with the person and show your efforts to make it work, and willing to compromise. It is not all about law. The person may feel a warmth and may feel less obsessed, less pathetic.

6 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

I am fine with the posts and topics. Life in BW seems to have picked up. I think this is a good thing. 

Let's see if the OP gets banned on a regular basis for being annoying and offensive shall we? :D

1 minute ago, SpiderPig said:

The woman upstairs has probably called the police... They will register the complaint... If it continues, then she will probably contact the H/V or her Landlord, and the police will become her witness.. 

2 hours ago, BayrischDude said:

May be she called. Sorry then it only increased her phone bill.

I went to police today. Police told me that they would not do anything in this case!

10 hours ago, Namu said:

1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:

Funny, are you saying the police may have come and spyed at my door yesterday evening? Without ringing my doorbell?

Then they could have heard nothing, because after she acted so nervous breakout, I was a bit scared. Not scared of police, but scared of things like finding a dead mouse in my mailbox etc. I could suffer from insomnia if I experience such thing.

I would buy some CD's with twelfe-tone music, Chinese, Mongolian and Korean music and play them from 8AM to 12 and 2PM to 8PM.

If she's already half crazy, it will drive her nuts. Don't give in.

2 minutes ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

I would buy some CD's with twelfe-tone music, Chinese, Mongolian and Korean music and play them from 8AM to 12 and 2PM to 8PM.

If she's already half crazy, it will drive her nuts. Don't give in.

Before I drive her total nuts, I could get total nuts.

It is called hurting others without any gain. In this case, hurting myself as well .😏

3 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

Even with my little hobby playing in a hobbyist orchestra I go the local Opernhaus, you can easily reserve the auditorium there for either group or solo practice.

What can you even even practice at home with the acoustic of a concrete apparent block?

3 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

It is not nice of you to parallize some people on tt and a woman who has nervous breakouts from time to time, because of her chronic headache.

4 minutes ago, JCrichton said:

Even with my little hobby playing in a hobbyist orchestra I go the local Opernhaus, you can easily reserve the auditorium there for either group or solo practice.

What can you even even practice at home with the acoustic of a concrete apparent block?

Would you go to Opernhaus for fifteen min practice everyday?

13 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

As I said the upstairs neighbor has some psyologic problem.

Yeah, Right. 

A few weeks ago you were the one who wanted to lawyer up because the smell of some origami paper apparently gave you a headache...

Concerning her loud foot steps: Maybe she's wearing two different types of shoe on each foot? A strange desire not heard of often, but some people have that urge.

Or she is practicing to become cast member of "Stomp"? Who knows? 

3 hours ago, franklan said:

A few weeks ago you were the one who wanted to lawyer up because the smell of some origami paper apparently gave you a headache...

The headache happened twice when I used the stinky origami paper twice, and never happened again. As I stated in the thread, I do not get headache so easily.

The woman upstairs said, she has headache. She did not say she gets headache.

I suppose your EN is good enough and you are IQ is high enough to understand the difference.

3 hours ago, franklan said:

Concerning her loud foot steps: Maybe she's wearing two different types of shoe on each foot? A strange desire not heard of often, but some people have that urge.

Or she is practicing to become cast member of "Stomp"? Who knows? 

She has heavy footsteps, just like some people. All you are saying is very out of norm explanatoin.

BTW, she is way too heavy to dance.

4 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

What is the difference? One must get a headache in order to have one.

1 hour ago, SmurfLee said:

I suppose your EN is good enough and you are IQ is high enough to understand the difference.

Nope, I don't understand the difference. As Fraufruit said: One must get headache in order to have one. 

1 hour ago, SmurfLee said:

All you are saying is very out of norm explanatoin.

That's a very interesting concept: Whenever one doesn't grasp what others are conveying, declare it as an "out of norm explanation".

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

What is the difference? One must get a headache in order to have one.

It may not be obvious if isolated.

but within the context of the thread. the difference is: The first means the headache is chronic, not that she was having headache at the time I was talking with her, because we were not talking about her health condition at that moment.

The second one means headache happens with certain stimulus.

Please discuss with Franklin if you are still interested in figuring out.. I think I ran out of time. I have plenty to do.