Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

De-register as Freelancer (providing evidence)

6 posts in this topic

Hi there!
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a ´Finanzamt´issue!
I recently sent a letter to my local Finanzamt in Berlin stating that I am no longer a freelancer and now employed ´Angestellt´.
They sent me a letter back stating that I need fill out a document ´Steuerliche Abmeldung/Ummeldung´and that I need to send some photocopies of evidence that I no longer work as a freelancer.

The evidence I could provide is stated as follows...
´Bitte legen Sie auch Ablichtungen der Verträge und Schriftstücke bei, die mit der Beendigung der Tätigkeit in Zusammenhang stehen, sowie eine vorläufige Ermittlung des Veräußerungs-bzw. Aufgabegewinns. Sollen Sie keine schriftlichen Vereinbarungen getroffen haben, bitte ich, den Inhalt mündlicher Abreden in einer Anlage darzustellen.´

Would it be enough just to send a photocopy of my completion certificate (as an English teacher) or must I also provide my ´Aufgabegewinns´? If so, how will I do so? Is someone able to provide me with a examplar or could lead me into the right direction?

Dearly and thankfully appreciate many help!

15 hours ago, Scheibler said:

Would it be enough just to send a photocopy of my completion certificate (as an English teacher) or must I also provide my ´Aufgabegewinns´?

No, you do have to do what they specifically ask you to do.

15 hours ago, Scheibler said:

If so, how will I do so?

Simple instructions are available in both German and English on the relevant pages of the Berlin.de website.

Please see Steuerliche Abmeldung eines Unternehmens - Dienstleistungen - Service Berlin - Berlin.de  and Tax de-registration of a company - Services - Dienstleistungen - Service Berlin - Berlin.de

Unfortunately both the links to the downloadable PDF 'Formulare' or 'Forms' on those pages will, irrelevant of the language of the link title, only permit you to save a German language copy which is a very simple 2 page 149Kb pdf.

NB: the above links only apply to Berlin!

For readers seeking similar sources of info relevant to other locations in Germany some of the following links might help.

abmeldung freiberufliche tätigkeit finanzamt vorlage - Google-Suche

fragebogen zur beendigung der gewerblichen oder selbständigen tätigkeit - Google-Suche

finanzamt freiberufliche tätigkeit abmelden formular - Google-Suche

If not then the standard search tips for Germany are to use a minimum number of German(!) key words (e.g.; 'beendigung+freiberuflichetätigkeit+Finanzamt+your city+PLZ (i.e.; postcode zipcode) and put that into www.google.de(!!!)

HTH

2B

Thank you @2B_orNot2B for your help and advice!
I have already been sent the form to fill out to send to the Finanzamt but I am just confused as to what other photocopies of proof of evidence I have to provide in addition to this.
This is in relation to the note I gave in my first question. Are you able to help with this?
´Bitte legen Sie auch Ablichtungen der Verträge und Schriftstücke bei, die mit der Beendigung der Tätigkeit in Zusammenhang stehen, sowie eine vorläufige Ermittlung des Veräußerungs-bzw. Aufgabegewinns. Sollen Sie keine schriftlichen Vereinbarungen getroffen haben, bitte ich, den Inhalt mündlicher Abreden in einer Anlage darzustellen.´

Many thanks in advance!

35 minutes ago, Scheibler said:

Thank you @2B_orNot2B for your help and advice!
I have already been sent the form to fill out to send to the Finanzamt but I am just confused as to what other photocopies of proof of evidence I have to provide in addition to this.

Did you bother to use an online tool to translate that? E.g. deepl.com?

35 minutes ago, Scheibler said:

'Please also enclose copies of contracts and documents relating to the termination of the activity as well as a preliminary determination of the capital gain or loss. If you have not made any written agreements, I request that the content of verbal agreements be presented in an annex.´

Everything should be clear by now, right?

Thanks for the reply and translation @someonesdaughter

So I was working as a teacher for a language center company for a year...in regards to the determination to my gain or loss, would I then just show how much I earned all together at the end of the working year? How would I provide this information? Could it just be a written letter stating the amount?

Many thanks, any advice is very much so appreciated!

They are asking for capital gains, profit or loss, not "revenue". So, the way I see it:

Capital gains: What you made selling the equipment you are no longer going to use minus what the equipment cost you.

Profit/loss: Your revenue (what you billed and received from clients) minus your costs (travel, postage, phone...)