E-car tips

76 posts in this topic

I am so freaking jealous of you two

I don't even drive the car that I already have, so not really a big whoop.  Still...

On 6/13/2019, 1:57:56, BradinBayern said:

I think that would be one big reason for me to get a Tesla.  I imagine parking is more insane in Munich though.

I can't speak for all of munich, but there are some new charging spots near me and they are usually empty.  I think I've seen one car parked and charging out of 5 spots at any given time.   

also saw a non-ecar getting a ticket in one of those spots one day :)

eta:  these spots are stupid close to the Wiesn on Bavariastr...can't comment on whether they are in use during Oktoberfest but they are in a section that is not blocked to traffic.  Just a little tip in case it helps one day

BTW, I don't have an outlet in the garage (shared Tiefgarage), and especially with this car I manage to keep it charged quite easily.  Once a week I go to Lidl and charge there while I shop, and occasionally I need to charge it up to 90% at an SWM charger the day before a trip.

1 minute ago, lisa13 said:

I can't speak for all of munich, but there are some new charging spots near me and they are usually empty.  I think I've seen one car parked and charging out of 5 spots at any given time.   

also saw a non-ecar getting a ticket in one of those spots one day :)

You can only park an EV/PHEV at an SWM charger.  Between 8:00 and 20:00 only for up to 4 hours while your car is charging. 

I have never needed to charge longer than 4.5 hours, so this has worked nicely when I've needed it.  Drive to work at 7:00, park at the charger, move the car when I go to lunch.  No biggie. 

5d19f8b76b62a_BeschilderungLadepunkte.jp

5 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Anyone know why buying a new Tesla 3 from Tesla, costs less than a used Tesla on autoscout24, with some Km's on it ? should ent be the other way around !

https://www.tesla.com/de_DE/model3/design#battery

https://www.autoscout24.de/lst/tesla/model-3?sort=standard&desc=0&ustate=N%2CU&cy=D&atype=C

Because the world is full of shysters and suckers?

36 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Anyone know why buying a new Tesla 3 from Tesla, costs less than a used Tesla on autoscout24, with some Km's on it ? should ent be the other way around !

I dont know about Telsa as such, but I know that many cars which have a waiting list often cost more newish than they do new simply because people dont like waiting.

20 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

I dont know about Telsa as such, but I know that many cars which have a waiting list often cost more newish than they do new simply because people dont like waiting.

There was a gray market in the US and Canada once deliveries started, where you could get a Model 3 right away for a premium.  No idea how successful that went or how costly the cars were. 

1 hour ago, yesterday said:

There was a time in the 80ties, where Mercedes had a backlog of 8month on some models. People would sign the contract for such a model just to sell it a week before the delivery date to people who wouldn't want to wait. I assume the same applies  to the Teslas you mention.

9 hours ago, yesterday said:

https://www.tesla.com/de_DE/model3/design#battery

https://www.autoscout24.de/lst/tesla/model-3?sort=standard&desc=0&ustate=N%2CU&cy=D&atype=C

Teslas with unlimited supercharger are worth several thousands of euros more than new ones, especially for taxi drivers.

8 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Teslas with unlimited supercharger are worth several thousands of euros more than new ones, especially for taxi drivers.

I thought unlimited super charge for free was over, it was only on early model S or X cars - Most if not all Model 3 cars on autoscout have are new or registered in March - so I guess does not allpy.

I thought Model 3 was supposed to be 35000$, which about 30000 euro, list price of the Tesla cheapest version is 44000 euro, which is 10k above the average car price for Germany. Do not get me wrong, ist not a lot for a performance  car. ( 0-to 100 kph is 5.5 sec.

How does the in car Navigation and permanent internet connection work, do you need separate contract for that connection, how much does that cost ?

Anyone know how the "destination charging work in Europe", well there is a designation charger less than 300 meters from where I live  - In USA it says its free to use Designation charger - What's the position in Europe ? - I mean if I got one, could I park it there for a couple of hours  and get free  electrical power ??? or am I locked out because its so close to me ?

16 minutes ago, yesterday said:

I thought unlimited super charge for free was over, it was only on early model S or X cars - Most if not all Model 3 cars on autoscout have are new or registered in March - so I guess does not allpy.

I thought Model 3 was supposed to be 35000$, which about 30000 euro, list price of the Tesla cheapest version is 44000 euro, which is 10k above the average car price for Germany. Do not get me wrong, ist not a lot for a performance  car. ( 0-to 100 kph is 5.5 sec.

How does the in car Navigation and permanent internet connection work, do you need separate contract for that connection, how much does that cost ?

Anyone know how the "destination charging work in Europe", well there is a designation charger less than 300 meters from where I live  - In USA it says its free to use Designation charger - What's the position in Europe ? - I mean if I got one, could I park it there for a couple of hours  and get free  electrical power ??? or am I locked out because its so close to me ?

it was always supposed to be $35,000 before tax and incentive.  19% VAT jacks that up, of course. 

I don't think the SR version is being offered in Germany (only the SR+). Not to mention that the SR version now costs $35,400.

The car has 1 or 2 built-in SIM cards and it just sort of works except where there is lousy coverage, which in Germany is pretty bad in places (this was in the news recently).  With the LR-Dual Motor (premium interior) internet is included for at least the first year.  After that it's unclear how much it'll cost (if it costs anything at all).

Destination chargers are usable by anyone who the provider permits.  Normally, that means staying overnight at a hotel.  There are destination chargers at a "beach" at Chiemsee and there are several at Pasing Arcaden, where you just have to pay for parking. 

its difficult to compare things, so make it simple for me

When you pay for the electricity, how much does it cost to go from say 50km range left to 500 km range ?

50km --> 500km == 90% fill-up * 75 kWh (usable capacity) = 67.5 kWh * 1.1 (charging efficiency loss) = 74.5 kWh ~~ 75 kWh.

From EnBW / ADAC you pay .29€ per kWh to charge at SWM chargers = 21.75€ for 450 km.

From Lidl, Aldi, Ikea you pay 0 per kWh = 0€ for 450 km.

From Telsa you pay .33€ per kWh for supercharging in Germany = 24.75€ for 450 km.

10 hours ago, CincyInDE said:

50km --> 500km == 90% fill-up

Are you using EPA range? WLTP states 560km, so it would be a 80% fill up. Currently I am getting around 510km, but I push it a lot.

* 75 kWh (usable capacity) = 67.5 kWh * 1.1 (charging efficiency loss) = 74.5 kWh ~~ 75 kWh.

I thought efficiency should be around 93%, not 90%. Do you have another source?

From EnBW / ADAC you pay .29€ per kWh to charge at SWM chargers = 21.75€ for 450 km.

From Lidl, Aldi, Ikea you pay 0 per kWh = 0€ for 450 km.

From Telsa you pay .33€ per kWh for supercharging in Germany = 24.75€ for 450 km.

38 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Are you using EPA range? WLTP states 560km, so it would be a 80% fill up. Currently I am getting around 510km, but I push it a lot.

I thought efficiency should be around 93%, not 90%. Do you have another source?

I'm American, so I use EPA. ;)

This is all very rough and I didn't bother using exact numbers. Range varies massively depending on how and where and when you drive.

YMMV!