Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

E-car tips

43 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

I have a Merc C station wagon from 2010.

Is it an Avantgarde package? This is the car i am planning to buy in a few months.

How long have you driven it? How has been your experiences with it?

56 minutes ago, TurMech said:

Is it an Avantgarde package? This is the car i am planning to buy in a few months.

How long have you driven it? How has been your experiences with it?

Yes it is. 250CDI BlueEfficiency. I´ve had it for almost 6 years.

Great fun on the highway, comfortable. I like the car very much, so I am keeping it. For city driving it is a diesel, so not much fun, but the turning radius is great, so very easy to park.

Bear in mind to have more thorough services after 170.000km. Especially exchange the turbo hoses before they "explode", like mine did, leaving me stranded on the highway.

Do not buy anything below 220CDI, as it will be underpowered.

On 20.4.2019, 15:38:43, LeCheese said:

I pick up my Model X in 17 days

New Model S & X powertrains announced today! Extended range (>600km), better suspension and reintroduced the 75kWh model!

Hurry up and check if you can still update your order!

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

New Model S & X powertrains announced today! Extended range (>600km), better suspension and reintroduced the 75kWh model!

Hurry up and check if you can still update your order!

Already had an email from Tesla asking me exactly that. Means a fairly long delay in delivery though but meh to that ;)

From your link 

We also want to emphasize the critical impact each of our early Tesla owners has had on advancing our mission, so as a thank you, all existing Model S and Model X owners who wish to purchase a new Model S or Model X Performance car will get the Ludicrous Mode upgrade, a $20,000 value, at no additional charge.

Have asked if that applies as well ( already have a model S ) seeing as that is part of the order. If yes, early Birthday present :D

On 4/24/2019, 4:13:04, yesterday said:

Notice, the date in the above link was 1 jan 2016 - so I guess should already be here by now :)

I expect in two years time it will still be another 2 or 3 years away ;-)

Tesla announced results today: 13000 fewer cars delivered than expected; 700m loss, 10 times what was expected; cash burn 10m per day; share price down 5% etc.

https://www.focus.de/finanzen/boerse/grosse-ziele-tesla-tief-in-roten-zahlen_id_10631625.html

But on the upside they have some new type of leafblower with a cable...

Buy a Tesla, burn more Coal & Gas! I will only buy an EV when we switch back to Nuclear in Germany.

1 hour ago, wien4ever said:

Buy a Tesla

Bought two, will buy a third when they make a good pick up. Bought an E golf for one of the kids as well as an Electric Roller

burn more Coal & Gas!

Nah, just stack Tesla Powerwalls, invest in a large solar array(s) and add a couple of wind generators to burn less coal and gas. You might even get staatliche förderung to help you along. Not as much as one used to of course but every little bit helps.

Works for me :)

FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Renewables overtook coal as Germany’s main source of energy for the first time last year, accounting for just over 40 percent of electricity production, research showed on Thursday.

damn!

Germany was a net exporter of 45.6 TWh of power in 2018, mostly to the Netherlands, while importing big volumes from France.

France? where 70% of electricity is produced via Nuclear?

I will only buy an EV when we switch back to Nuclear in Germany.

French nuclear not good enough for you then? :P

Don't mind me, I'm just sniggering in the other room

8 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Up until this post, you were on my "ok list"...

You have just proved yourself to be a troll... 

If you are referring to me, why thankyou.

So what you are saying in that case is that, it is ok for a male to take a poke at EV car owners but not ok for a female EV car owner   to poke back?

Uhuh.

57 minutes ago, LeCheese said:

If you are referring to me, why thankyou.

So what you are saying in that case is that, it is ok for a male to take a poke at EV car owners but not ok for a female EV car owner   to poke back?

Uhuh.

You should know, that when it comes to poking that society has different moral expectations for males vs females!   :D

Is it true that you can drive your E-car on BUS lanes in Germany, like in Norway??

• local electric vehicle authorities can reserve special parking spaces at public area charging stations,
  • Parking fees may be reduced or waived for E cars,
  • Electric vehicles may be exempted from certain access restrictions, for example for reasons of protection against noise and exhaust fumes.
  • electrically powered vehicles are given the opportunity to drive on bus lanes.

https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-de/aktuelles/neue-regeln-fuer-e-fahrzeuge-444848

Also, how can I get reduced parking fees?

46 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Also, how can I get reduced parking fees?

Read this, the Gesetz is still being brought in  ( slowly )

Parking

48 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Is it true that you can drive your E-car on BUS lanes in Germany, like in Norway??

Depends on the kommune, in principal, it is not allowed but some towns allow it

In various places in Norway, it is not allowed anymore.:angry:

More than 1 month waiting for the Tesla... and they say demand is poor...

The latest ship arrived 10 days ago in the Netherlands but no phone call from Tesla, perhaps my car is on the next one, which arrives next week...

27 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

But in feldkirchen, there are 5 or6 that are not registered sitting a garage...

That´s also a service center, so they are probably waiting for service.

There is a Tesla forum where every day you have dozens of posts from people waiting for their cars. So yes, there is clearly a demand.