Tax Refund shows negative number!

16 posts in this topic

I am using Germantaxes.de to do my tax refund for the past 4 years.

I was in Germany only for second half of 2015. So my tax refund for 2015 shows more refund than the tax I paid.

Then for 2016, it shows in red-182 €

How can this be possible?  I double checked, all entries are correct.    

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same site also mentions the possible reasons why you received less or even a negative amount as opposed to what was shown when you made the calculation. 

 

https://www.germantaxes.de/tax-gap

 

This thread also mentioned why the OP got big refund the first time that he/she filed his/her income tax return. 

 

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/233916-calculating-my-tax-refund/

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand why I can get back more than tax I paid. I worked only 5 months in Germany, and also tax exempt for moving cost.

2016 and 2017, there is no any events, just full time worked all years. Now, 2016 tax refund is negative 182, and 2017 tax refund is pity +51 euro.

This is so strange, because as far as I know the automatic tax deduction from HR is always over deduction. I never had negative tax refund all my life. I do not have any other income that need to pay tax.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also directly inquire at the tax office about this or just file an appeal if you really believe there is something off with the calculation.  Many people who are not required to file income tax returns choose not to do it. Unless you receive a letter from the tax office and you are asked to file your tax return for whatever reason, then you need to comply. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they've hooked up with Toytown and are charging you 5 euros for each unnecessary new thread you start.

 

And another 5 euros for every one that you put in the wrong forum section (like this one, which you put in Life in Baden-Württemberg).

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019, 2:42:00, El Jeffo said:

Maybe they've hooked up with Toytown and are charging you 5 euros for each unnecessary new thread you start.

 

And another 5 euros for every one that you put in the wrong forum section (like this one, which you put in Life in Baden-Württemberg).

 

 

Yes, you are right if every reply is like this one, no constructive information, but rather destructive more or less. I mean the intention, but no destruction can be done on me, because I am smart, I pay attention to and absorb beautiful, intelligent, kind things.

I was expecting any reply with some experience, knowledge, intelligence, sense, wisdom....

Never some shallow criticism on sheer purpose of criticism.

 

My first thought when I saw the negative number is : since Germans are so accurate, did they set up the tax deduction from salaries very close to accurate deduction? So close to the true number that even small fluctuation can end up to negative number. My tax probably is simplest one. Almost no income to claim for exempt. 

Americans like surprises, and even if it is just their own money returned back, they would like to get more deduction from salary and get more tax return?

This was my thought, and I was hoping someone on TT who has ever worked as CPA and could give a sensible explanation.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2019, 6:49:06, thegreatdivide said:

You can also directly inquire at the tax office about this or just file an appeal if you really believe there is something off with the calculation.  Many people who are not required to file income tax returns choose not to do it. Unless you receive a letter from the tax office and you are asked to file your tax return for whatever reason, then you need to comply. 

 

 

In USA, tax refund is a lot of money.

It sounds to me it is not a lot of money possibly additional payment here, and therefore people do not do it.

Thanks for the information.

I think I will not do tax refund for 2016 unless the tax office contacts me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

 

Yes, you are right if every reply is like this one, no constructive information, but rather destructive more or less.

[..]

I was expecting any reply with some experience, knowledge, intelligence, sense, wisdom...

Well, there is a German proverb "Wie man in den Wald hineinruft, so schallt es heraus."...

 

Quote

and I was hoping someone on TT who has ever worked as CPA and could give a sensible explanation.

 

 

CPA's aren't the right ones to answer that question of yours.

Even if they would be: Why should somebody who's learned at taxes give you hints how to increase your wealth for free?

 

I repeat: Do you really expect people learned at taxes to counsel you for free? 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, franklan said:

Well, there is a German proverb "Wie man in den Wald hineinruft, so schallt es heraus."...

 

 

Well, if some people choose to be annoyed, yes, I apologize for providing the excuse for them to be annoyed and ruining their own time,  :)

This is quite silly conversation, I realize, just waste of time. So I will ignore any further response in the same line, in case you choose to continue to waste your time  :)

 

Are you retired, and dono't have anything better to kill time?

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, franklan said:

I repeat: Do you really expect people learned at taxes to counsel you for free? 

 

Sir, If that is the argument, the legal and finance forum would not exist in TT. People in TT write to seek advice hoping that someone who is an expert in that department can answer them as there have been numerous times in many threads that people offer their expertise on subjects that they learned or studied about.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

Yes, you are right if every reply is like this one, no constructive information, but rather destructive more or less.

 

It’s funny how many people here started duplicate threads, threads on refusal to comply to a state mandated payment and some start new threads for every single movie they watched and no one bats an eye. And @SmurfLee started threads that do not interest them, they choose to pounce at her when they had the chance to just not reply. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Submit your tax forms and report back as to whether the calculation was correct or not - some online services are better than others, y'know?

 

(even my tax advisor was way out for 2017 - I got back €600 more than she had calculated!)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, franklan said:

Even if they would be: Why should somebody who's learned at taxes give you hints how to increase your wealth for free?

 

I repeat: Do you really expect people learned at taxes to counsel you for free? 

 

It is just a general question, and this sort of questions are quite common on TT, am I not right?

DJ Smith gave me expert computer advice last time for free.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thegreatdivide said:

 

And @SmurfLee started threads that do not interest them, they choose to pounce at her when they had the chance to just not reply. 

 

I can only imagine they feel superior and accomplished by doing so.

 

I should feel good for making others feel good even though it is a bit sick way.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2019, 7:31:49, robinson100 said:

Submit your tax forms and report back as to whether the calculation was correct or not - some online services are better than others, y'know?

 

(even my tax advisor was way out for 2017 - I got back €600 more than she had calculated!)

 

 

Where are you? I want you to do my tax for me  :)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now