Neighborhood night problems (Loud Noise, Fights and Vandalizing in Gerling Quarters Area)

19 posts in this topic

So for the past 3 years, there has been a reoccurring problem in the Gereonshof. It is often that there is loud music and noises playing 1 to 3 o'clock in the early mornings out in the Gereonshof alley, as well as loud arguments, physical fighting and screaming. Doorbells have been pushed often in the middle of the night, disturbing numerous neighbors in the late hours. It is not common to find urine puddles and broken vodka bottles in the front entrances to the residential buildings and there has been a few incidents of finding human droppings in the Gereonhof alley. Police have been contacted before but seems like nothing happened since this problem keep repeating itself. This morning I found a used cigarillo in my mailbox, with some of my mail burnt on the corner. This is getting out of hand and I want to see what actions I can take to stop this reoccurring issue

4 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Get yourself one of these:

image.png

wait...a flamethrower?  or a schwarzenegger?

It's a machine gun, not a flamethrower. It fires 2000 bullets per minute. And who is Mike? Call Chuck Norris instead. Charles Bronson is dead, but boy was he angry on the neighbourhood in Death Wish I, II, III, IV,V and VI.

double trouble :)

sorry OP - thursday is friday this week

I do sincerely sympathize and hope someone has some solid advice for you.

My best suggestion is to take this to your hausverwaltung to see what they can do.  If you know others who are bothered you can approach them en masse.  Complaints to the police might hold more weight if they come from a collective, rather than from individual people here and there.

2 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

It's a machine gun, not a flamethrower. It fires 2000 bullets per minute. And who is Mike? Call Chuck Norris instead. Charles Bronson is dead, but boy was he angry on the neighbourhood in Death Wish I, II, III, IV,V and VI.

whatever. I have no interest in silly details. it looks like a flamethrower ;) 

@Wellzee What is preventing you from moving to a nicer neighborhood? Three years is a long time to go through that hell.

3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

@Wellzee What is preventing you from moving to a nicer neighborhood? Three years is a long time to go through that hell.

My partner and I bought the apartment about 8 years ago, so we’re kinda stuck with it for now. Once the construction of Gerling Quarters began on the Hildeboldplatz side, the place turned for the worst during the night. 

7 hours ago, lisa13 said:

double trouble :)

sorry OP - thursday is friday this week

I do sincerely sympathize and hope someone has some solid advice for you.

My best suggestion is to take this to your hausverwaltung to see what they can do.  If you know others who are bothered you can approach them en masse.  Complaints to the police might hold more weight if they come from a collective, rather than from individual people here and there.

Thanks so much for the tip! There will be another Hausverwaltung in a few months. I’ll make some flyers about the problem and send them to the fellow neighbors a couple weeks before the Hausverwaltung, so we can discuss the issue as a group. This give me some hope, thank you 😊 

7 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Get yourself one of these:

image.png

Yes, just need to photoshop Arnold in  bathrobe and pajamas while replacing the machine gun to a DSLR camera with a large zoom lens

What about the owners association uses the services of a security company for a few eeks to break the vandals habits?

4 hours ago, jeba said:

What about the owners association uses the services of a security company for a few eeks to break the vandals habits?

Oh, is that possible? Sounds interesting.

6 hours ago, Metall said:

Oh, is that possible?

Why should it not be possible, provided the owners are prepared to pay for it?