virtual office

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I already did a search here but didn't find an answer for my question.

I am about to register a GbR business with the finanzamt however I am very wary about making my home address public, such as invoices, website etc.

I plan to work from home so at the beginning I have no plans to rent an actual physical office, therefore could I register the GbR business using a virtual office address? Or alternatively could I register with the finanzamt using my home address but on business cards, website, invoices use a PO box (Postfach) or a virtual office address?

I will have a business partner with the GbR business but they are also wary about making their home address public.

Also does anyone have experiences using virtual offices in Germany? What kind of prices have you paid with basic accounts in Düsseldorf/Cologne regions?

Appreciate your advice here. Many thanks!

I plan to work from home so at the beginning I have no plans to rent an actual physical office, therefore could I register the GbR business using a virtual office address?

A "ladungsfeige Adresse" is required by law. 

"In law, case law and legal literature, the summonable address refers to a place of residence or another address (§ 68 Paragraph 2 Sentence 1 StPO), in the case of entrepreneurs, a business address by country, town, postcode and street, i.e. a postal address at which a party can actually be found."

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladungsfähige_Anschrift

This "summonable address" must be found on your website, on your invoices, offers, etc.

Or alternatively could I register with the finanzamt using my home address but on business cards, website, invoices use a PO box (Postfach) or a virtual office address?

Is this a commercial or freelance GbR? For a commercial activity you need the permission of your landlord. 

Hi and thanks for the reply. 

It will be a freelance GbR.

I would like to avoid using my home address in public domains such as website and invoices. Therefore just wondering if anyone has any cost effective experiences to share.

Also perhaps there are more freelancers who would be interested to share rent in a small office space in order to register their business there. Düsseldorf or surrounding areas.