Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Water heater & 2 connection taps

3 posts in this topic

I bought a great high pressure/water saving tap and under-sink water heating tank for the kitchen and had the handyman come today for the installation. Not knowing about the water heater system here, I was unaware that you need three connection taps, not 2 connection taps due to the water pressure that will hurt the tank. I am really unimpressed with the three connection kitchen faucets I am seeing and wondering if there are any hot water tanks on the market that would allow for high pressure (2 connection) taps.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

I am happy to report that there are pressured water heaters that are really top notch that you can buy. There are many available at Amazon and for order through a local shop or plumber, just in case someone else wants to benefit from high pressure/water saving taps in the kitchen.

In a related question, do you know why anyone would want a "drucklose" pressureless "Übertischgerät" overhead tank? 

like this one, with the same small neck design:

https://www.clage.de/de/produkte/warmwasserspeicher/S10-O

The one I've seen has terrible water pressure. I asked the Sanitär profi about it and he told me that is completely normal. why would anyone want one of those?